[Epilogue]

Reminder: Text in *these symbols* are dialogues between Ayumi and ghosts. Please read the Author's Note if you haven't.

The rest of my life is going to be real good.

§-time skip-§

"Here lays the Rei family, rest in peace," the Funeral Director says sadly. I was in my human form, weeping. My head was down and even Cassandra and Dane were shedding a few tears, despite being ghosts.

"Ayumi Rei, as the remaining member of the Rei family, would you like to say something?" the Director asks me. I nod my head and stand up. I walk towards the four graves and bow my head.

"M-Mom, d-dad, grandma, g-grandpa," I stutter. I sniff my nose in between phrases, as more tears come down my face. I bow down to the graves, trying to hide my tears.

"I remember a time," I sniff, "Where I was getting bullied in school. M-Mom m-made m-me d-drop out s-so I could b-be happy. M-my dad supported m-me, and my g-grandparents c-cheered m-me o-on," I bow down again. "G-Good luck o-on the other s-side," I plead. I bow one more time, and then return to my seat.

The Director continued to speak, and my tears dry up. I activated my quirk, and see my deceased family standing right beside me. I throw a weak smile at them, and they returned it. *At least you'll always be by my side* I say to them. They nod their heads.

§-time skip-§

It has been a month ever since my house has been burned down. I spent most of my time roaming around as a ghost, having fun trolling people. I mainly bothered the League of Villains and Yakuza the most. After a week of my hauntings, the Yakuza actually moved out of their place and went somewhere else. I also broke a huge flat screen TV of theirs while they were watching Veronica. Their screeches were hilarious.

As for the League of Villains, I gave them a taste of fire. While they were sleeping, I set a match on fire, then set a tree nearby their base on fire. Toga woke up and got everyone to leave before it hurt anybody though.

Cassandra and Dane are kind of dating now too. I guess I'll just be a lonely potato for the rest of my life.

I was right now using my quirk, in ghost mode. We were right now in the park where Dane first teleported us to. I was holding a newspaper in my hand as my two companions were looking through it as I flipped the thin pages. A passerbys were startled at the floating newspaper. *Hey Ayumi, look at this article!* Dane says. He points to a small section in the third page of the newspaper.

My eyes scanned the paper until I found a highlighted section. I couldn't read the words too well, but my eyes were good enough, despite being in ghost mode.

GHOST HAUNTINGS REPORTED IN JAPAN
By Egawa Osamu
Recently, there have been some strange cases of floating objects around the streets. Floatings cameras, hats, even cash registers!
Are there really such things as ghosts? Scientists are trying to figure this out right now! Recently, there has been some research done and a woman named Ayumi Rei has a quirk called Ghost! Does she play a role in these hauntings? Stick around to find out!

I've actually been going around with a camera while being a ghost and filming people's reactions when they see the floating camera and watch them later. It's basically my new favorite hobby. I've also knocked people's hats off and joke around with them, like throwing the hat far from the owner, drifting in the wind while the owner chases it. I've also floated around in some grocery stores and open and close cash registers. I'd sometimes even dump all of the money stored inside a cash register out when the employee was checking out items. The people in the line all screamed when that happen and the cashier fainted. Whoopsies.

*Oh, great* I retorted. I didn't really want to be popular though. I was already pretty well-known in the ghost realm, and it was good enough. Some ghosts who knew of my name would come up to me and talk sometimes, which was nice. I didn't really know what I'd do if alive people found out about my shenanigans.

Jail? Charges? Who knows?

I didn't really care, really. As long as was a ghost, everything's fine right?

Oh, right, forgot to tell you something. I've actually been training my quirk with the help of Dane and Cassandra on my free time. I'd try to keep them alive for as long as possible until I run out of gas. Before my limit was only two minutes, now it's twenty! I've only been practicing ever since my family has deceased, and it's nice to keep in touch with them. 

*Well what're you gonna do buddy?* Cassandra asks me.

*Well, I guess I'm just going to stay as a ghost for a while until the drama dies down, and I'll try to stop pulling pranks on the citizens* I say, scratching the back of my head. Cassandra and Dane give me cheeky smiles as we continue our day.

Yep, my life is definitely going to be great.

Well, that's the last chapter for this book. Thank you for sticking around and making it to the end! It means a lot to me. I'm going to post all of my acknowledgments in the next Author's Note.

949 words