↳ 02

"We need to find you a Breath Style

"We need to find you a Breath Style."

Mio's voice broke the atmosphere as she watches Hanako. The young girl stares at her, confused. Mio smiles lightly, as she beckons the young girl to come over. "Breathing Styles are swordsmanship styles practiced and taught by the Demon Slayer Corps. They are capable of allowing their users - or in this case, us, to fight on par with Demons, and are generally used with Nichirin Blades to slay Demons." Mio explains and she smiles as Hanako nods, understanding dawning upon the young Heiress.

"The Breathing Styles make use of specific and concentrated breath patterns, which increase the user's lung capacity and amount of oxygen in the blood," Mio explains even further as Hanako cocks her head, her brain whirring with possibilities. "This increase of oxygen allows us to enhance our physical abilities and mental concentration, allowing us to fight on par with Demons, whose physical prowess surpasses that of the average human." Mio finishes, and she hums. "There are five main types of Breathing Styles; These are Water, Thunder, Stone, Wind and Flame. There are many styles branched from this. For example, Serpent is branched from Water while Love is branched from Flame." Mio explains.

Hanako hums, tilting her head. "I think I'd like a fiery breath style. I am a user of Fire Styles so I'd fit in something like flames." She explains, humming. "However, from what I have...seen earlier," Hanako pauses, remembering the Flame Hashira who she had the pleasure of meeting earlier. "It seems like he is quite...energetic." She admits, slumping quite a bit at Mio's mirthful laughter.

"You can create your breath style if you want to. I can help you." Mio advises, wiping away tears of laughter. Hanako perks up from this, like a puppy who heard its owner coming home. "That's fine?" She asks curiously and Mio nodded. "Shinobu-Chan created her breath style. She lacks physical strength so she created a breath style that will suit her. That's Insect Breathing." She tells the girl whose face lit up then settled down yet again.

"I'll create mine, then." She decides, nodding. Mio smiles softly. "What about you, Mio-San? What's your breath style?" Hanako asks her curiously.

Her eyes sharpen as a dark look overcame Mio's face. "My Breath Style is a family technique, Hanako-Chan." She says quietly and right there, Hanako knew not to push the subject and to just drop it. It was a sensitive topic to the older woman so she merely nodded.

She needs to mind her own business, after all. Mio will tell her if she is ready.

Hanako panted, wooden sword in hand as she faces Mio. "Again." The older woman commanded as she goes into a stance. Hanako takes a deep gulp of air and she readies herself. She forces herself not to activate the Sharingan as she charges at Mio.

Dodge, Twirl, Parry Mio's attack, Flip, Dash, Parry Mio's attack, Twirl, Dodge, and...

"Amaterasu no Kōkyū, Ichi no Kata: Shi no ookami!"