↳ 09

It's been a week

It's been a week.

A week without seeing the female who saved him. Tanjiro was forced on bed rest, alongside Zenitsu and Inosuke. Their wounds were slowly healing but they still had to rest. Tanjiro has grown close with the young boy who nursed him, and he finds himself bonding with him like he was his younger brother. Akito reminded him of his own passed younger brother and it sometimes hurt looking at the sunshine boy without seeing his younger brother's smile overlapping Akito's.

Today, Tanjiro has decided to move and find where exactly Hanako was. He overheard that Hanako was at rest, after defeating two members of the Twelve Kizuki. Tanjiro has no knowledge about where Hanako could be, so he asks the person more likely to know.

"Hey, Akito." Tanjiro breaks the silence when Akito was checking his ribs. The younger boy hums, raising an eyebrow. "Do you know where Hanako is - Ow!" Tanjiro winces when Akito pressed too hard. The younger boy stills for a second, before he slowly relaxed. "Hanako-Sama is probably training." Akito responded, rewrapping the bandages. "Alright. You can move but make sure not to overexert yourself!" He advises, smiling. Tanjiro tilts his head, humming. "Do you know where Hanako could be...?" Tanjiro hesitantly asks, and Akito's smile dimmed.

"Hanako-Sama prefers to be alone when training." Akito responded curtly, grabbing the roll of bandages with his lips pursed. Tanjiro frowns. "I wanted to thank her...Can you really not tell me?" Tanjiro presses. Akito huffs in reply. "No. Hanako-Sama will want to be alone." He responded, turning away sharply. Tanjiro's frown deepens and he clutches his blanket. "Hanako has always been alone. Don't you think she would want somebody?" Tanjiro states, and he watches as Akito freezes. The room turns tense, the other two boys freezing at his question.

"...Fine." Akito suddenly says, sharp and annoyed. Tanjiro didn't have it in him to be offended, he was just happy at the prospect of seeing Hanako. He brightens up, his sunshine smile already painting his face. "Don't blame me when she turns you away!" Akito huffs, scowling. "Hanako-Sama prefers to train in the woods by the Moon Estate. There's a door in the back leading to it. That's where she and Mio-Sama frequently trains." Akito tells him, pouting. Tanjiro smiles, and he stands up carefully. "Thank you for telling me Akito! I'm in your debt!" Tanjiro cheerfully states, before he exited the room wit light footsteps.

"Was it really a good idea, Aki-Kun?" Makoto murmurs, a small frown on his face. Ryūsūke stays silent, but he too looked conflicted. Akito sighs, rubbing his forehead. "I'm not sure but...The way Hanako-Sama looked at him made me tell him. Plus, he's a good person. I sensed no malice in him." Akito responded, wringing his hands together. "Hanako-Sama...I hope she feels fine." Makoto adds, sighing as he tucks a lock of his hair behind his ear.

"Let's hope for the best." Ryūsūke pipes up, cradling the basket of blankets. The other two agreed, before they left the room to leave the two slumbering slayers to their sleep.

Tanjiro weaved through the forest with careful steps as he follows the cobble path. Already, he could smell the coppery scent alongside the strawberries accompanying it that Hanako's scent always possessed. He hears the distant clang of metal hitting metal and he hurries. He only wanted to thank Hanako and assure her he didn't look at her like a monster.