↳ 08

Tanjiro knew, from the first time he saw Hanako, that she was powerful

Tanjiro knew, from the first time he saw Hanako, that she was powerful. Godly. Someone in another whole new league away from them. She had this aura of power and the experience of a veteran slayer. She was unafraid and strong. She was unbreakable and invincible. From her scent alone, Tanjiro knew she had a place in the rank of the Hashira. She earned their respect and their admiration. She was so different from his younger sister, even if they bore the same name and coloring.

Despite this, he was still surprised.

Tanjiro watches as sparks flew from the meeting of Hanako and Sanemi's blade. Dust kicked up at the force of their clash, spiraling in the air and causing him to cough. Tanjiro jumps away, seeing the others do the same. The two opponents clashed with each other, and Tanjiro could only hear the sound of blades clashing and see the sparks along with it. He watches, fascinated and scared, as Hanako easily matched a Hashira in terms of speed and power. She ducked, jumped and weaved around his wild and rough slashes, her eyes spinning with her ability.

Mio watches, with a critical eye, as Hanako met Sanemi in power with no hesitation. Sanemi wasn't a pushover, he could easily be called one of the strongest Hashira. Seeing Hanako hold her own against such a powerful opponent made Mio feel proud and worried. The young girl clashed with Sanemi, moving with grace that Mio had batted right into her bones in the early mornings.

Obanai watches with an amused gleam in his eyes when he catches Sanemi's annoyed yet serious eyes. Every single one of them knew the power Hanako wielded, the blood red in her onyx irises and the flames she could breathe out. The earth she commanded, and the swordplay she inherited from her Mentor. Hanako was not on to trifle with and if any of them died in a mission, there was no doubt Hanako would ascend to the ranks of the Hashira.

Sanemi batted away the young girl's slash before he jumps away with a growl. Narrowing his eyes, Sanemi tensed his muscles as Hanako slides into another stance. Sanemi was careful enough to not glance at the young girl's blood red eyes, glancing at her ear instead. He had to be careful when dealing with her. Just like with the other fights, Hanako was quick on her feet and powerful on her strikes. None of them have used their Breath styles yet, however. Sanemi was determined to put her down today.

Because every time they fought, Sanemi hasn't beaten her. Not even once. The only person he's seen who put Hanako down was Kanroji Mio. Hanako hasn't beaten him either, their spars often ending in ties.

Hanako notices Sanemi wasn't paying attention and she shot off.

A second was all she needed, before her blade meets his neck.

Hanako remembers the first time her older brother told her, solemnly, of their clan's curse. It was when she unlocked her Sharingan, at the age of seven. Itachi was only thirteen years old and he along with her Mother and Father had to tell her.

"An Uchiha always loves more deeply, Hana." Itachi tells her softly, his eyes pained as he stares at her orbs. Seven year old Hanako stares back, fear in her eyes as Itachi took her hands into his. "You've unlocked your Sharingan, but at the same time, your humanity will slowly rot away." He continues, his eyes subdued. Mikoto's eyes were closed, whilst Fugaku merely stared at his only female child. A split second, and Fugaku could vaguely see the blood in Hanako's hands and the redness in her eyes.