1.1

I'm in my room and I'm terrified. She is banging on my door and yelling at me to open it. She's trying to kill me and there's nothing I can do.

For two straight days I've been in this room. I'm starving and thirsty but I can't leave. I don't want to die. Not yet. Not by her.

Finally the banging and yelling stops. I look through the crack under the door. Yes! She isn't there! Usually she sits there all day and night. I wait till the sun has almost set before I open the door.

I need three things: food, water, and a shower. Really, I need four. The fourth is to get out of here. This evil woman, my aunt, has become too much for me.

I decide to take a shower first. I can't stand this disgusting feeling. I turn the water up very hot but not so much that it's too painful. I love it like this.

I take my shower quickly, not even bothering to dry my wavy brown hair. I throw on a loose black t-shirt and some white shorts. Water is dripping from my hair as I go and grab something to eat. It's nothing much. Two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a whole bottle of water. I eat it quickly. I prepare another sandwich and am about to grab another water bottle but then I hear a door opening.

Quick as a Vulpix, I'm out the door. I don't have on shoes so the cobblestone streets is painful but it soon stops. I'm glad Cyllage City is right next to the beach. The sand is soft and warm against my bare feet.

I don't stop until I'm knee deep in ocean water. I take a deep breath. I feel like falling over; never have I ran this much before. Actually, that's a lie. It's been a long while since I have.

I walk out of the water and sit cross legged in the cooling sand.

She's not going to come and get me. She can't want me that much. I'll be okay here, for now. But I can't stay here long. I need somewhere to go quickly.

I turn my head and see a boy. He has spiky auburn hair and a rosy face. He looks maybe thirteen and is wearing a white shirt with a Pokeball emblem. He has a black denim jacket and ripped up jeans with boots to match. He's looking at me. His eyes are a dark, smoky brown.

"Excuse me." His voice is a light tenor. "Do you know how far away the next town is? Me and friends are on a journey and need to know if it's close enough so we won't have to camp out."

I stand. "Yes. It's not far at all. It'll take all of twenty minutes." I smile good naturedly. I think I just found my ticket to freedom.