↳Starting a conversation⌟

So you're ready to fire up a conversation with your pet (or any animal). You have questions buzzing in your mind: "Where do I begin? What do I say? How do I say it?"

Breathe. Relax all the tension in your muscles and body, taking deep breaths. Take time to bring yourself to live in the present moment. 

When practicing inter-species communication, it requires a calm quiet mind. No buzzing questions, or nagging thoughts about that assignment. It seems even more difficult now. How do you 'quiet' your mind?

Of course there are different methods, one of the most well-known obvious ones- meditation. It doesn't have to be a full 20 minutes. It could be a quick 1 minute meditation to calm your mind and focus on one thing: the animal you wish to speak to. Perhaps take some time to bond with the animal, your pet, or observe a wild bird. Do activities that bring you down to earth and calm your mind. Writing and drawing, or even baking!

 Writing and drawing, or even baking!

Okay... now say you've tried meditation and music, getting out into nature and even crystals, but get no response from the animals you try to speak with. Should you just give up? Are you simply not cut out for animal communication? Or maybe you are trying too hard?

That's perfectly normal! That brings me to the one thing that has helped many, myself included.

Fake it till you make it!

That's right. It's a popular saying because so often, it actually works. In this case, our goal is to fake — or trick — your mind into relaxing, releasing expectations, and then realizing that what began as your imagination is quite likely actually a telepathic connection with an animal. 

Below are a few easy steps divided into three progressive mini exercises. You can do just one or try them all. I think the most important part here is to treat this like a game and have fun! 

1. Choose an animal's photo. Doesn't matter which one, but preferably of an animal you don't know.

2. Look at the photo. Based on the animal's expression, features, what it is doing in the photo, etc., what do you think the animal is like? What is its personality? What do you think it might like to do or eat? If it were to say something, what might that be? And how would it sound? Would it have an accent? Would it talk excitedly or slowly or confidently?

Write down anything and everything you might think this animal is all about, simply based on the photo. Record your responses and impressions without hesitation or too much thought. Whatever first comes to mind. You aren't waiting for answers from the animal here, you are providing those answers yourself.

3. Now ask the animal some questions and write down what you think the animal might answer. How are you today? What have you done today? What do you like to do? What's your favorite food? Things like that. Again, you are making all of this up based on what you imagine the animal to be like from its photo. You aren't trying to hear the animal's real responses. 

4. Review what you wrote. You should have a pretty good idea about who you imagine this animal is! 

This is how animal communication works! Did you make the answers up? Yes, this time you did based on what you imagine the animal is like. But you pulled those answers out of your imagination, the same energetic space that connects everything in the universe. If you were really trying to connect with the animal, you might get impressions and hear answers in a very similar way. It's this reason many (or most, if not all) animal communicators at some point wonder if what they are hearing is made up; a construct of their imaginations.

Be proud of yourself!