Prolouge pt. one

home /hōm/

noun

1. the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household: "I was nineteen when I left home and went to college" synonyms place of residence, , , a roof over one's head, quarters, ... 

2. an institution for people needing professional care or supervision: "an old people's home"

A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE LOVED AND ACCEPTED

-------

A 15-Year-Old Liliana Gates stood in front of The home for early presenters. Her blonde, almost white, hair blew in the wind. She took a shakey breath in and opened the door, taking a step inside, relieving her of the summer's heat. She let the cool air of the lobby consume her and she walked up to the desk, where red-headed Beverly marsh sat.

"Hi, I'm Beverly Marsh, how may I help you?" Beverly ran the home, along with her mate, Ben. They were both betas, making it easy to run the home. Them and their pack had met about 8 years ago, the freshman year of high school. "Do you need a place to stay?" Lili nodded, and the horrible events of that afternoon replayed in her head. Her mother had kicked her out, for her being an early-presented Omega. She tried to stand up for herself, really. But that resulted in punches and slaps with a belt, and you can thank her abusive father for that. Beverly stood up and motioned for Lili to follow her. She gets brought to an office, small, but an office. She could smell all the omegas, the heats and preheats. Alphas, too. Early presenters were often frowned upon. They usually present as an Alpha, Beta, or Omega at the age of 17. Some never present. You have to present by age 20. Some people didn't.

Those people were killed. She's seen it.

There was a man, in the office. He smelled like suppressants. Beverly stepped in, motioning for Lili to come in. She stepped back. She didn't trust anyone. Her breathing started getting heavier. He won't hurt you, she told herself, he's here to help. Taking a deep breath, and gripping her inhaler in her jacket pocket, she steps into the office. The man waves.

"I'm Eddie," He said, seeming to be kind. He couldn't be that bad, right? Even though she was used to being scared of everything and everyone, including her parents, these two seemed like she could trust them.

"Liliana, or Lili." She replied, cracking a smile.  He offered a warm smile back, and him and Bev had a conversation. Lili jumped at she felt something rub against her bare leg. Pulling out her aspirator, she looked down. She took a puff of it when she saw it was just a cat. Bending down, she picked it up softly. The cat mewed in response, catching Eddie's attention. 

"That's Noodle. Bev's daughter Rose named her." Eddie said to her. Lili nuzzled her nose in the ca's soft, white fur. "Come on, want to come home with our pack?" She nodded, putting Noodle down. The cat padded out of the room. Eddie put on his jacket and gathered his stuff. Bev led them out and gathered her stuff. She locked up and got the car started.

---

Lili's Pov

---

I stepped out of the car to see a big, grey house.

"Holy shit," I whispered. I got led to the front door, and Bev opened it, and we were met with an entire pack sitting on the couch. I quickly grabbed my inhaler, and took a puff of that. 

'Take her upstairs, please" Bev whispered. Eddie ushered me to the steps when we were aught by someone saying 

"Who the fuck is that?" I flinch, freezing where I was. I turn around, scared and shaking. Eddie held me close to his chest. I look back at him; I always have hated when people yell at me.

"Go on, go down. They won't hurt you." He ushers me. I take some shaky steps down then walk quickly to Bev.

"This is Liliana. Be nice. I'm Lookin' at you, Tozier." She shot a glare to one with glasses. I smiled a bit and put my head down. "Bill, she's an early presenter. Can she join the pack? " The tallest stood up, I could recognize the familiar scent of a pack leader. He crouched down to my height. I stopped breathing, for fear he would say no. He leaned in and sniffed me, and laughed.

"You reek of fear, relax." He chuckled softly, lifting my head. I smile a bit. He stood up and cleared his throat. "I've made my decision."

This is the part I've been waiting for.

All.

My.

Life.

-------------

HeyYyY It's Ponytail. So, I'm really excited for this, and this will also be published on ao3 when I'm COMPLETELY finished. Bye potatoes!

Word count: 797