Prolouge pt. 4

pack1

/pak/

Learn to pronounce

noun

noun: pack; plural noun: packs; noun: ice pack; plural noun: ice packs

1.

a small cardboard or paper container and the items contained within it.

"a pack of cigarettes"

noun: the pack

2.

a group of wild animals, especially wolves, living and hunting together.

Similar:

group

herd

troop

a group of hounds kept and used for hunting, especially fox hunting.

an organized group of Cub Scouts.

the main body of competitors following the leader or leaders in a race or competition

noun: the pack

"the company was demonstrating the kind of innovations needed to keep it ahead of the pack"

a group or set of similar things or people.

"I'll never leave my pack."

We had gotten home about an hour or two ago. I couldn't remember. But the minute I changed into sweatpants and a cute, but old, crop top, everyone was trying to get me to do Just Dance 2019 on their Wii. I sigh, knowing I can't get out of this.

"I can't dance, guys." I say. "But I've done it before." The pain from just a few hours before has passed. I click on my favorite one, Swish Swish by Katy Perry. I choose the one on the far left, and Rose, Stan, and Mike join. I had learned all their names getting ice cream.

As we do the dance, I can't help but think about how much I already love my pack, especially Rose. Next thing I know, it comes to Nikki Manaj's part. It's a fucking workout.

When the song wraps up, and I get into my end pose, I heave for air, and Rose helps me up. "Holy shit, Lili." Stan says. I look at the tv.

"Over 15,000. That's not possible." I say, shocked. "What time is it?" I ask, tired from what all happened today.

"Like 11:30" Ben says. I hum in response, putting my nose in the crook of Rose's neck. She picks me up with no trouble.

"Aw, you should go to bed, sweetheart" Bev says. I nod and Rose carries me to the staircase. I wave to them as she takes me up.

Carrying me to her bedroom, she lays me under the covers. I reach out to her.

"Want me to hold you?" I nod, and she turns on a lamp, getting into the bed with me.  She holds me gently, almost like a baby. She turns off the light and I kiss her cheek.

"I'll never leave my pack." I say. we lay there for a few minutes before we hear a large thump downstairs, followed by some screaming. I scramble up, rushing out the door and down the stairs. Richie and Bill are on the ground, fighting. I run over to Bev.

"What the fuck?" I say, looking up at her. She laughs, and I notice this is a normal thing.

"Bill hugged Eddie" Is what I got. I roll my eyes and all of a sudden I hear a "Holy shit!" I look over, and Richie's holding a knife to Bill's throat. I finally decide that it's enough, And I step in-between it, and grab the knife from Richie. Bad idea, because it sliced my hand. I cry out in pain, and I feel someone push me back. Turns out it's Rose. Shocker, am I right?

She punches Richie in the face, making him drop the knife. I notice something warm in my hand, and I realize, it's blood. Eddie comes to my aid, however. With his eyes threatening to let tears fall, he led me to the bathroom.

"Are you okay?" He asked, breathing heavily. I nod.

"My hand..." I whisper. He gets a first aid kit and a cotton ball. He gets the ball wet with something. He comes over and starts to put it on my hand. I jump to the conclusion it's hydrogen peroxide. Not because of the smell, but because it fucking burned. I take a sharp breath and whimper.

"Eddie?" I ask, voice trembling. He looks at me, and stops what he's doing.

"What's up sweetheart?" He asked. I thought about what I was going to ask him. Then it hit me, before I could think, it slipped out.

"W-what was your first heat like?" I whisper. He thought about it, putting some cream on the wound.

"I was a late presenter, because of my mom, so my heat was so much worse. It's probably gonna be a little worse for you, because you're an early presenter." I tilt my head to the side, confused. "Your body's been holding it off for so long, and it just crashes down on you. But with Rose, it'll be fine. She's been overprotective since the start." I smile, thinking of her.

"Wanna know a secret?" He looks at me, and I nod. "I'm pregnant. We're going to the doctor to get it confirmed tomorrow." I gasped, happy for them.

"How many? Do you think, I mean." I whisper. He holds up 4 fingers, then starts to wrap my hand in a white, plastic like wrap. "With his Gene's? You'll just about pop! I vote 3. And $50" We laugh and continue doing what we're doing.

Lord, help me not break this family apart.

------

And that wraps up chapter four! the next chapter will be when Rose and Lili are 17! (Spoiler: Lili will be prepping for her first heat) lol

Word count: 911