Prologue pt. three

kiss[kis]
VERB touch with the lips as a sign of love, sexual desire, reverence, or greeting."he kissed her on the lips" · synonyms:plant a kiss on · brush one's lips against · blow a kiss to · · ·

"Can I kiss you, or has the fever taken your mind?"

----------

Lili cried into my shoulder as I carried her. We got up to the registration desk. The lady looked up and asked us what we could be helped with.

"We have an early presented Omega that's showing signs of preheat." Stan says. I almost forgot that the pack was with us. Lili let out another quiet sob of pain. The receptionist looked panicked and stood up.

"Follow me, I'll take you to a room." We followed her, with Richie and Eddie by our side. Walking quickly, we were led to a pure white room. I walked over to the big bed and laid Lili in it. When I did, her eyes went wide. As I walked over to the other side, she reached for me. I look to Bill for permission to lay in the bed with her, and he nods. I get in, my instincts demanding I help the Omega as best as I could.

A few minutes later, a nurse came in, with a cart. Lili was still whimpering into my chest, I could smell the fear. I comb my fingers through her tangled blonde hair. Lili, she smelled different. From a sour lemon to a sweet cinnamon. Like Mike's smell before he goes into rut. I know another wave of cramps tumbles over her when she holds me tighter.

"Hey, sweetie." The nurse addressed her. The nurse was pretty, I'm not going to lie. I swallowed a growl.

"Lili." I bounced her a little. She put her tear stricken face up and looked at me, then the nurse. My heart broke at the sight of her.

Lili's pov)

I looked up at Rose, then the nurse.

"We're gonna have to do some blood work, okay?" She asked in a calm, gentle voice. I fought the urge to say fuck no. I have REALLY bad trypanophobia. I'm petrified of needles.

"Okay. Yeah, th-that's fine." I say, lying through my teeth. She went over to a cart and- "H-holy fuck, that's huge." I managed to laugh. They all laughed.

"You're gonna need to take off your jacket, okay?" She said. I paused. The bruises and slashes my parents gave me were still there. As I take off my jacket, I give it to Bev. While she's showing Rose how to hold me, I look up at them with pleading eyes. They twist my arm, not painfully though. "Okay, I'm gonna count to ten, okay? And then the needle will go in." I let out a sob, and try to break free of that Alpha grip Rose has on me. While she counts, Rose softly sings to me, lovingly. I recognize the tune, it was from my favorite movie, The Greatest Showman.

"Cause every night, I lie in bed, the brightest colors fill my head," She softly sang into my ear as I felt the needle get inserted into my small arm. I squeeze my eyes shut, and my body tenses to the point where my head throws itself back. "A million dreams are keeping me awake, I think of what the world could be, a vision of the one I see, a million dreams is all it's gonna take, A million dreams for the world we're gonna make," She rubbed my side, helping me relax from the painful tension in my muscles. 

"Is it done? Please tell me it's done." I ask frantically. I feel a cotton ball on my skin.

"Yes." I feel a bandaid being placed on my arm before Rose loosened her grip. I turn around and put my nose in the crook of her neck. "You guys can check her out, and go on home, we'll contact you in a couple of days." Richie came and picked me up carefully. I looked at Bill for approval.

"You were good, good Omega." He said, rubbing my arm. I smiled, happy the pack alpha approved.We walked to the front desk, and they checked me out. I reached my hand over Richie's shoulder, hugging around his neck.

When we got to the car, Rose carried me to the back seat.

"Can we actually get ice cream now?" I asked quietly. "Or are we going to the hospital again?" This got a laugh out of all of them.

"We'll get ice cream now." Bill laughed. I look over and Rose is staring at me.

"What?" I giggle, a blush spreading on my cheeks. She looks into my blue eyes, then leans in and says

"Can I kiss you, or has the fever taken your mind?" I nod, and she pushes her lips against mine.

"Oh god, please, not another Richie and Eddie!" Followed by a slap and a "Stan!". I smiled, and kissed her again.

Maybe this is going to be home.

-------------------------

chapter THREEEEEEE yeah

word count: 841