Chapter 4

"Once again

"Once again... I just need to say.. God damn guys...." Reese stated to her friends. They all look at her like she was annoying. "Okay, I have been in a tiny cabin for centuries. I think I have a right to say this about this huge castle."

Emma rolled her eyes and turned to her mother to say, "I remember this from Henry's book."

"Come-- we'll stand watch at the gate." Mulan stated to Aurora. Aurora nodded and

Mulan then turned to Reese. "Do you want to come with us, Reese?"

"I think I'm okay." She replied. "And you guys can call me Rae." They all looked at her weirdly. "I somewhat like you guys so you get to call me by my nickname. My father called me Rae when I was young, and I guess it kind of stuck."

They all nod. Mulan and Aurora start heading towards the exit, so Emma and Mary Margaret restarted their conversation, while Reese walked around the room. She felt her pain in her stomach start back up, so that's why she decided to stay; instead of going with Mulan and Aurora.

"I never thought I'd see this place again. This room... it was your nursery." Mary Margaret stated to her daughter.

"I lived here?" Emma questioned.

"Didn't she just say that?" Reese asked herself.

"You never even got to spend a night. This is the life I wanted you to have. I was going to teach you how to walk in here. How to talk, how to dress for your first ball... You never got to do any of it. We never got to be a family."

"We have a family – in Storybrooke. And, right now, they need us to get back there. So, how do we get this to work?" Emma gestured to the wardrobe and smiled.

"Can I ask you guys a question?" Reese asked her friends.

"Sure." Emma and Mary Margaret agreed.

"What is Storybrooke? And why didn't I get to go there? It seems like a better place than the Enchanted Forest."

"It's in the land without magic." Emma explained. "Well, now there's magic. Thanks to your dear brother, and it seems that only a part of the Enchanted Forest got hit by the curse."

"That's not fair. So you're saying that I could have gotten away from Cade years earlier." Reese replied.

"You can discuss your anger at the curse with your brother and Regina." Mary Margaret stated. "Rumpelstiltskin was the one who created the curse and Regina was the one who casted it."

"Who is Regina?"

"You've never heard of the Evil Queen?" Emma asked. "She was a big deal in the Enchanted Forest before the curse. She was trying to kill Snow White?" Reese shook her head.

"I guess Cade never updated me on what was happening."

"Did you ever leave the cabin you were trapped in? Like did Cade ever allow you out just for fun?"