Chapter 8

Back down the beanstalk; Mary Margaret and Mulan were fighting because Mulan was about to cut down the beanstalk

"This was your daughter's wish!" Mulan screamed at the mother of Emma Swan.

Mary Margaret huffed and replied with, "I don't care what you say! You do not put my daughter in danger!"

They both stopped fighting when they heard Emma scream, "Stop!" She fell onto the ground, and Mary Margaret scrambled to her feet, so she can go to her daughter.

"Emma! Are you okay?" Emma's mother asked while helping her daughter off of the ground.

"Two earthquakes and a jump from a beanstalk. I think my brain's still rattling around a little." Emma replied.

"I did what she ordered, nothing more than that," Mulan paused, "did you get it?"

Emma pulled out the compass and smiled, "Yep."

"W-Where's Hook and Reese?" Aurora asked as she looked frantically around for the pirate and the dark one.

"They're detained. Let's go. Get your stuff. We got ten hours before they follow us." Emma started grabbing her stuff and the others followed. "And I don't think that Reese will be very happy with me."

"What? How?" Mary Margaret asked.

"I got a friend looking after them till then." Emma replied.

"But isn't Reese injured. Why can't she come with us? Aren't you afraid of what Reese can do to you?" Aurora questioned in fear of the dark one.

"Because as long as she is connected to Hook.. We can't trust her and if we move quickly then we can leave without her."

"Isn't that a bit cruel?"

"Aurora, she is a dangerous person. I can't let that kind of evil come near my son." Emma stated. 

"You may not get it Aurora, but hearing what Reese has done to people-" Emma paused. "-if you had a kid you would protect that child with everything you have. That's all I'm trying to do."

"And she wants to get back to her brother. Hasn't she been away from him for too long. I mean-"

"We need to go." Emma stated, cutting off Aurora.

~

Back up the beanstalk: Reese and Killian were trying to sleep as they were still locked up. Tiny has come to check up on them and even talked to Reese for a while. She tried to get him to unlock the shackle, but Tiny refused.

Hook woke up from a terrible dream and looked over to see that Reese was turning and she started to cry. Hook moved closer to her and rubbed her arm to try and get her to wake up.

"Reese? Wake up." Hook stated to the sleeping dark one. He was suddenly pushed back by a sudden strike of magic. She sat up quickly and started hyperventilating. Reese turned her head and saw that Hook was staring at her. "How- how did you get your magic working?"