Chapter 18

Reese, Emma, Henry, and Rumple arrive at their destination in New York via taxi

Reese, Emma, Henry, and Rumple arrive at their destination in New York via taxi. They look up at the apartment building in front of them

Emma notices that Rumple is getting a little bit nervous, so she turns to him to ask, "What's wrong? This the right place?"

"Yes, it is." Rumple responded.

"Let me guess. He's not expecting you. Well, who doesn't love a surprise?"

"Well, considering that they didn't really end on a good note." Reese responded as she helped her brother inside the building that they believed he lived at. They entered the lobby of the apartment building. Henry scans the list of names on the intercom.

"No 'Baelfire'." Henry stated.

"I wouldn't want to tell people my name was Baelfire." Reese stated. She looked over to see that Rumple was glaring at her. "What? You and Milah didn't exactly have normal names either."

"Yeah, that probably wouldn't fly as an alias. Your magic globe didn't give you an apartment number?" Emma questioned the man.

"It doesn't work that way." Rumple responded. Emma and Rumple take a turn at looking at the list while Reese stands behind them with Henry.

"Do any of these names mean anything to you?"

"Well, names are what I traffic in, but sadly, no." Emma points to an apartment that is listed only by number, "Here's your boy."

"Or, it could just be vacant. You might traffic in names and magic, but I traffic in finding people who don't want to be found. And those sort of folks don't like to advertise their whereabouts."

Emma buzzes the apartment on the intercom, "U.P.S. package for four-oh-seven."

The person on the other end of the line doesn't respond, and then hangs up.

"Maybe you should've said FedEx." Henry responded. Suddenly, they hear a noise coming from the fire escape outside.

"He's running."

The three of them rush outside, where they see the apartment's occupant climbing down the fire escape. He reaches the bottom and breaks into a run.

"That... That favor you owe me – this is it. Get him to talk to me. I... I can't run." Rumple said and he turned to Reese and continued, "Go with her."

Reese exhaled and walked over to Emma and she nodded her head, "Watch Henry please."

Emma and Reese chase after the unknown man through the streets of New York, stalling traffic along the way. They run around the opposite side of the building and manage to ambush the man as the two meet. Emma tackles him, and the two of them fall to the ground. When Emma looks up, a stunned look overcomes her face. Reese looked at the two of them and saw that Emma was shocked.