Chapter 20

"You don't need to know the specifics as to why I need it, but if you give it to me: I will give you my dark one dagger, which will mean that you don't need to kill Rumple

"You don't need to know the specifics as to why I need it, but if you give it to me: I will give you my dark one dagger, which will mean that you don't need to kill Rumple." Reese stated to Regina. The Evil Queen looked at the dark one in disbelief. "You seriously don't think that I won't give it to you?"

"Well, yeah. You and Gold are very careful with who you show your dagger too. I thought that after the whole 'kidnapping' thing you wouldn't want anyone to have your dagger?"

"To save my brother: I will do anything, so please just give me the damn sleeping curse." Reese responded.

"Why do you want it so badly?"

"That's something that you don't need to know about." Reese commented. "All you need to know is that I'm tired of losing people I care about, and I'm tired of being let down, so sleeping seems like a better choice."

Regina summoned the apple to her hand, and stated, "If I give this to you, you need to go to my vault in the woods, and you need to keep your dagger out. If you don't then your brother is as good as dead."

"You do realize that Cora doesn't give a shit about you. All she wants is to have all the power, which doesn't include you."

"My mother has changed-"

"-No, she didn't, Regina. No one can change that much." Reese stated. "If you want my advice- which I know deep down you do- don't give Cora the dagger."

Reese took the apple out of Regina's hand and started to walk away. Regina sighed and asked, "Don't you want to know where to go?"

"That would be lovely." Reese responded with a smile. They started walking towards the woods and Reese started feeling awkward in the silence, "So, what do you plan on doing with the dagger? Would you kill me while I'm asleep, and take the power for yourself? Or are you thinking about doing something else?"

Regina stopped talking and just continued walking. After a few seconds, Regina responded by saying, "I'm sorry for the pain that my mother inflicted on you."

"It's okay, and plus you don't seem anything like your mother. You seem like a decent person and you wouldn't do half of the things she did to me."

"How do you know that? I could be worse than my mother for all you know." Regina stated.

Reese opened up her hand and handed Regina the dagger. She looked into Regina's eyes and stated, "I know what broke looks like and you have that look.. There's no way you can even inflict half of the pain that Cora did. Henry is lucky to have you as a mother."

"Thank you, Reese." Regina responded as they arrived at her hideout. Regina looked down at the dagger and said, "Keep it. I don't want you to go through the horror of my mother again, and that's what she'll do if she gets that dagger."

"Thank you, Regina." Reese stated as she took the dagger back. "Take care of my brother for me."

"I still don't understand why you need to do this." Regina responded. "Don't you want-"