Chapter 19

Reese and Rumple stayed in Baelfire's/ Neal's apartment while he, Henry and Emma were talking

"This is quite awkward." Reese stated to her brother when they sat in silence for a while. "Why in the world do you put yourself in these kinds of situations? Do you enjoy allowing almost everyone you love, hate you. Hate us."

"Why do you even care?" Rumple questioned. "You spent all your life making sure that you never got hurt, but then you stupidly let some dangerous person into your life. That was all your fault."
Reese looked at her brother in shock and stated, "I know that you're hurt right now, but that doesn't excuse you being an asshole."

"I'm just stating facts."

"Fuck you, Rumple." Reese responded as she went outside to join Emma, Henry and Baelfire/ Neal.

"Are you okay, Aunt Rae?" Her nephew questioned, knowing that something was wrong. Anytime that Reese was upset, she had this frown on her face that made everyone feel sorry for her.

"Why do you call her Rae?" Henry asked.

"My father nicknamed me that and I guess that it kind of stuck, but only my family and friends- if I had any- calls me that." Reese responded.

"Who is your father?"

"No one that you need to be concerned about." Reese stated as she ruffled Henry's hair. Once Henry got her to stop, Reese looked up at Neal and smiled. "So, what have you been doing for what: three hundred years? Well, other than knocking up, Emma."

"Nothing really." Neal responded. "Can I ask you a serious question? And when I do, can you please not get mad at me?"

"I cannot promise that I won't lose my temper, but you can ask away."

"How can you be here without your magic?" Neal asked. "I mean, I remember you and my father would use your magic for everything."

"I wasn't as dependent on magic like Rumpelstiltskin." Reese responded, Neal gave her a weird look and she laughed, "I couldn't be dependent on it when I was captured by Cade. I could only use my magic when he allowed me too, and that wasn't very often, so I had to learn to do things without out, and I was with him for years, so I guess coming here was easy for me. I'm just following what others are doing and I think I'm fitting in pretty well."

"You're doing great, Reese!" Henry smiled which made Reese feel all bubbly inside. She hasn't felt like this in a while, and she wanted to continue feeling this way. "So, where's my grandfather?"

Reese shook her head as she never thought she'd hear that phrase, "I think he's still in Bae's apartment. I'm still wondering why he named you Baelfire, but then again your parents' names are Milah and Rumpelstiltskin. They both shouldn't have any authority over naming their son."

"And your name is Reese, so I don't think anyone in our family wins." Her nephew laughed.

"My name is more normal than Rumple's." Reese laughed.