Chapter 10

Hook and Tiny waited for the dark one to wake up from her sleep

Hook and Tiny waited for the dark one to wake up from her sleep. Hook started to get worried for his friend as he watched her lay still.

"You would know if she wasn't making it." Tiny stated to the pirate. He then looked down at the ground, "I should have never kept you two locked up here. I didn't know that she was that injured."

"Then again I don't think anyone really did." Hook replied. "Or they did but they didn't care. I get that Reese is annoying but she doesn't deserve to be in this much pain."

"But weren't you a cause of her pain, too? I remember hearing your arguments about the pain you caused her. If you weren't connected to her; I would kill you myself."

"I know." Hook replied, sadness was clearly recognizable in his eyes. He looked down at the dark one, and smiled. "She seemed to worm her way into my black heart, Tiny. How can I show her that I care about her?"

"Maybe stop being a dick to her." Tiny replied. "She is a very delicate person and you constantly being mean to her isn't helping your current situation."

"I know." The pirate whispered in response. "Why isn't she waking up yet? She is healed. Her eyes should be opened, right now."

"Maybe she isn't healed mentally. Can't you hear what she is saying in her head?"

"No, I can't, mate." Hook stated. "I can only see her visions but endless she is having a vision in her head, right now-"

"-how about you check. She might be in some kind of danger, and you're the only one who is able to help her."

"Why am I the only one to help her?"

"Because you like her differently than anyone else who would be willing to help her." Tiny stated. "Just touch her hand and go from there, alright?"

"Aye." Hook looked down at the dark one, and placed his hand in hers. He looked around and didn't see any past Reese's or even Cade. He sighed and looked over to Tiny and stated, "See, mate. It didn't work." When Tiny didn't reply, Hook looked at him confusingly, "Did you hear me? I said-"

"He can't hear you." A voice said from behind him stated. He froze when he recognized that voice. Hook turned around and saw Reese standing there with a smile on her face. "No one can hear you while you're in my head, idiot." She laughed.

"Is this why you haven't been able to wake up? You're stuck in this prison world?" Hook questioned, now recognizing the crumbling castle behind Reese.

"You're smarter than people give you credit for," Reese laughed. "I don't know why I'm even in this world. I should be out in the real world. Thanks to you." She paused. "Thank you for saving my life."

"How wasn't I injured when you were bleeding out? I don't understand that."

"Maybe because I was injured before we were connected so you weren't getting affected by it."