Orphans Lost pt. 3

~+Drive to the Police Station+~

The three kids sat in the back of the police car with their eyes looking forward. Lucille has taken to looking at the man, Tord, driving the car. His looks similar to the teenager who talked to her during Tika's dance. Yet she didn't comment about it.

As for Lawrence, he was looking at Tom from his seat. He sometimes glanced at the rear view mirror to check on them and sometimes hummed to the radio.

"I like your humming," Tika compliments to evade the longing silence to the station. "It reminds me of someone doing the same when I was younger."

Tom looks back with a soft smile of his face. "Thank you. By any chance do you know the person who used to do that for you? We could try to contact them for you." He hoped he could find them to give these three a home.

Tika shook her head with a downcast look. "No... I don't remember their name or face. I can only remember hearing them when I was half asleep."

She could only recall the similar humming while she slept. Her dreams were just dark but with the light of music to accompany her loneliness.

Tord pulls up to the station's parking lot and turned the car off when parked. All of them exit the car to head inside where Tika and her twin siblings look around in awe. They've never really been in a police station before.

"Mama!" The Twins looks to the call coming from a little boy who runs over to hug an older woman similar to him. "I missed you!"

The woman smiles as she hugs the boy. "I'm glad you're safe."

The two officers who were standing behind the boy smile with happiness. "Don't stray off now sonny. You don't want to lose your mom anymore."

Tika notices their expressions of sadness and a little pinch of envy. She could tell they wished for family as well, to be able to have loving parents if they were lucky to have both of them. They were not far off from her since she wished for the same as well.

They all wanted a place to call home after all.

Tom and Tord brought them to a larger adjacent room after going down a few halls. Desks were arranged neatly into sections while two larger desks  were stationed farther back across from one another.

"Okay, I am going to need to see you first." Tom said offering a hand to Tika.

Tika looks at him hesitantly before looking at her siblings. "What about my siblings?"

"They will be fine, Tord will watch them while I talk to you." Tom brings his hand back to his side when Tika doesn't take it. "We'll be in view of them so you won't have to worry."

Tika nods and follows Tom over to the back of the room where the two larger desks are. They sit on the left desk, Tom on the chair behind the desk while Tika sat in the on in front.

Tom pulls out a pen and a notepad, "Alright, I'm going to ask you some questions and you have the right to keep what you want private. This will also be done with your siblings, is that alright?"

After some thought Tika allows him with another nod of her head.

"Okay, then can I know your name if you have one?" Tom starts off.

"My name is Tika."

"How did you get this name?"

Tika thought about it some, a faint voice saying her name in the back of her head, as if she could remember who had told her name to her. "I... I recall slightly that someone told me. I have no memory of this person just a whisper of their voice lingers."