Orphans Lost Pt. 4

~+Later: Tom and Tord's Apartment Building+~

Later in the day, Tika and her siblings found themselves standing in front of a large and rather tall building. It's white with lots of glass panels all around, most curtains closed or open. A few residents on their balcony enjoying the view or catching some fresh air.

"Kids, come on. We have much to do." Tord call's them from the double doors. Tom next to him smiling at them welcomingly.

Tika holds her siblings' hands and walk together towards them.

The adults ushered them in and they got to see the reception desk. A lady behind it greets them and offering the children some candy.

Neither of them wanted any candy since there were full from the ice cream they got earlier. So they continued to follow Tom and Tord to one of the elevators.

A ding rings through the air and the doors to the lift opens which they all enter into.

"Okay you three, we live on floor 5. Can you remember that?" Tord tells them as he pushes the button with the number 5 next to it. The button a lit once he pulls his finger back.

The three nod quietly as they remember to follow the action next time when they're coming up the elevator.

Another ding settles when they reach their floor.

The siblings walk behind the two older men as they walk down the hall where a large window showed their side of the building.

Tord showed them his apartment which happened to be the last door on the left side of the hall while Tom's apartment is across from his on the right side.

"You three will be living with me," Tom said as he pulls out the key of his apartment. He unlocks the door and all of them enter to get a look inside.

The design simple and neat, an open kitchen next to the living room. A glass stair case going up to a second floor where they could see a set of three doors.

"The kitchen is open any time you guys get hungry, but if you want something hot to eat then you'll have to ask me. I don't want you guys to cook anything on the stove without supervision." Tom says as he then lead them to the living room with Tord trailing behind the group.

"The living room open anytime. Around 7 and 8 o'clock if you three want to stay up late watching tv, turn the volume down since I'll be sleeping for my shift at the station in the mornings." Tom wanted to be clear to them about this particular aspect since he needs to regain some energy after a long day of work. Going in and out of the station really drained him so he needed that quiet from time to time,

They soon headed up stairs where Tom chose to bring them to the middle room between the two other rooms. "And this will be you room. My room is over there on the left just in case you need me for anything." He opens the door to reveal a nice sand colored room with three beds stationed in the room. One bed a queen sized canopy bed made of white painted wood, the other beds are atop of one another as a bunkbed. There happens to be a tv hooked to the wall over along table and to the side of it a large closet. A low coffee table in the corner of the room with pillows to sit on by the door with some cabinets nearby as well.

"Wow..." Lawrence says in quiet awe as he steps further into the room with his sisters. His sister pulls him over to the bunk bed which they knew is going to be theirs.

As for Tika, she goes over to the canopy bed, her hand coming up to feel the veils of her canopy bed tied to the posts to keep them open. Her other hand feeling the light lavender covers of the bed. She hand never felt anything so soft before.