Orphans Lost Pt. 2

~+Next Day: Park+~

Torm rests on the tree branch quietly with his arms crossed behind his head. Above him are smaller branches with leaves to shade him from the sunlight.

Just below him he knows his younger companion is sitting at the base of the tree drawing with the sketchpad he salvaged from a store giving out free books in a box.

"Tormy?"

The older teen hums to let Tomi knows he's heard him. Then he hears scraps against the tree, Tomi climbing up to his spot and laid up to his chest with his arms crossed to rest his head on.

"Do you ever wonder what having parents is like?"

Torm keeps his eyes up looking at the swaying leaves. "Why the question?" His tone ever the same, no real emotion showing.

"I walked around and noticed kids our age and younger seem to like adults who they can depend on." He tilts his head and hears the breathing of his friend in a soft rhythm with the light heartbeat. "They seem so happy even if they do get into fights sometimes."

The devilish teen closes his eyes behind his mask. "It's rare for me to ever have a thought like that." Through his memories, all he remembers of his creator is all the experiments he did. Not only on him, but his siblings as well. "Although I cannot find myself to want parents. They are not as warm and loving as they appear to be."

"But Mom is kinda warm and loving..." He thinks back to the officer he sees almost all the time he's been thrown into the cell at the police station. There was this one time the man even bought him food and they ate together. A small conversation mends between them nicely before someone came to announce he had been bailed out.

"He..." Torm sighs. "He can be an exception, I guess."

Tomi hums as his eyes fall close. "Do you think there is still a chance we can have a place to call home?"

Torm sighs as he recalls the first time he's ever questioned Tomi in their still young relationship. Even the younger teen begins to think about it recalling the first time he heard the word 'home'.

~FlashBack~

Tomi sat in the familiar cell with his hands buried in the palm of his hands. He had been caught doing graffiti again by one of Tom's officers.

"Crap..." Tomi quietly says to himself as he removes his face from his hands. He had been sitting in his cell for a good hour now in slight panic about what could happen. "Ugh... Mom's is going be pissed."

Just before he could wallow in guilt again, the door to his cell opens. 'Shoot-' He thought before he heard a familiar voice.

"He's here. Good luck, Tomi." The appearance of a white capped officer makes him sigh in relief.

The officer, Ace, is a devoted young man to his work and his Mom. Apparently Mom has saved Ace's life once when he was younger and looked up to him as the officer had told him before after getting weird looks for awhile.

"Stay out of trouble," Ace warns him again like every other time. At the same time he is the only one who receives the bail directly from Torm who is the main person who comes to save him.

Tomi follows Ace to the front of the station and lets him out into the night. The officer closes the door up behind him while he walks towards the older teen in a red jacket with checkered pattern ring on both sleeves, grey shirt, and black pants. Hood up like Tomi since rain is starting to fall.

"I shouldn't have bailed you out."

"Then don't?" Tomi says back shrugging his shoulders. He raised a brow wondering why his friend was only saying this now.