Part 32

It had been about two weeks since Tom spent thanksgiving with Julia's family. It was Monday morning, and Tom went to Julia's room to see if she was ready to leave for set.
        "Julia, It's Tom. Ready to go?" Tom said, knocking on the door. Things have been really great between Tom and Julia. They were becoming really close friends. Just friends, no matter how badly Tom wanted it to be more.
"I'm sorry. I just don't know if I'll be able to" Tom heard a voice say on the other side of the door. When it opened, he saw Julia.
"Hey" she said, moving the phone away from her ear. "Just give me a sec, and we'll go."
Tom walked into Julia's room, and closed the door behind him.
"Can we please talk about this later? I have to get to set" Julia said, continuing her phone call. "Yes I know. I'll try my best. Talk to you later" Julia hung up the phone, and let out a sigh.
"Hey, Everything alight?" Tom asked, concerned.
"Yes. No. I don't know" Julia said, looking up at Tom.
       "It's my grandmother's 90th birthday this weekend, and my entire family is trying to convince me to come home to celebrate. I just don't think I can take the time off from filming. I don't know what to do."
Tom met Julia's grandmother over thanksgiving.  He knew how close they were, and how much it would mean to Julia to be there.
       "There's nothing to worry about. Greyson is a very understanding person. There's no way he won't give you the time off." Tom  said to Julia.
"Do you really think so? He is really nice, but I'm nervous to ask him. I don't want to screw anything up." Julia said.
"What if I go with you? We'll talk to him tonight after we wrap for the day."
"Are you sure? That would be great if you came with. Only if you want to." Julia said
"Yes I'm sure." Tom said with a little laugh.
"Ahh thank you so much! You're the best!" Julia said, giving Tom a hug.
"Of course." Tom said hugging her back. A few seconds later they realized they had been hanging on a little to long, and let go.
"We should uh probably get to set" Tom said.
"Uh yeah we should go" Julia said.

.......

       "There they are! My favorite costars" Greyson said as Tom and Julia walked onto set.
       "Hey Greyson"
       "Morning everyone" Tom and Julia said.
"We've got a lot to film today, but I'm hoping we'll get out a bit earlier than usual" Greyson said.
       "Sounds good. We'll see you out there." Tom said.
Tom and Julia walked to the wardrobe trailers to get ready for their day of filming.

.......

"Alright everyone. That's a wrap on today. Great job. See you all tomorrow" Greyson said.
Tom turned to Julia and nodded is head towards Greyson. Julia had a worried feeling in her stomach the whole day. She knew she had to talk to Greyson, but she was very nervous.
Tom walked over to Julia.
"Ready to go talk to Greyson?"
"No. I've been dreading it all day"
       "Hey" Tom said putting his hands on her shoulders. "It's going to be just fine. There's nothing to be nervous about. And I'll be right there with you the whole time" Tom said, reassuring Julia.
       "Okay. Let's do this"
Julia and Tom walked to Greyson's trailer. Julia knocked on the door.
       "Come in" Greyson said. "Ah Julia, what can I do for you?"
Julia looked back at Tom before answering.
       "You've got this" Tom whispered to Julia. She turned back to Greyson.
       "I have a bit of a favor to ask. It's my grandmother's 90th birthday on Friday, I was hoping to head home for the weekend to celebrate it with her. I would need to take a couple of days off from filming" Julia said. "I was just wondering if that was a possibility."
       "Julia" Greyson said. "You are one of the hardest workers I know. And this movie isn't easy to film. There are a lot of intense scenes and it's a lot of work. You deserve a few days off. Go and enjoy being with your family. Wish your grandma a happy birthday for me."
       "Ahhh thank you thank you thank you!!" Julia said.
       "Of course. Just make sure to be back on time Monday morning."
       "I will! Thank you Greyson!"
Julia walked out of the trailer.
"I feel so much better. Thank you for coming with me!" Julia said to Tom.
"Yeah of course. Happy you got the time off. Greyson was right. You work your ass off, you deserve it."
"Thanks Tom. I should probably go call my family and tell them the good news."
       "Yeah, go go, Ill catch up with you later"
...,,,,
It was Thursday morning, and Julia was getting ready to head to the airport. She was flying home for her grandmother's birthday. She was packing her suitcase, when there was a knock on her door. She walked to the door, and looked through the peephole. She saw Tom standing in the hallway.
       "Hey" she said, opening the door.
       "Good morning. For you" Tom said handing Julia an iced coffee.
       "Thank you"
       "I just wanted to check in and make sure you're alright about the flight. I know you don't love flying."
       "Yes I'm fine. A little nervous but overall I'm good. Thank you for checking in"
       "Yeah of course. Are you excited about flying home?"
       "Yeah I am. It'll be nice to take the weekend and be with family and relax. What about you? Any plans this weekend?"
       "I'm going to go to my parents house. See the family, and just take a break."
Their conversation was interrupted by Julia's phone ringing.
       "Hello?" Julia said. "Oh perfect! I'm on my way down. Thank you!" Julia hung up the phone.
       "That was the driver. The car is outside to take me to the airport."
       "Oh, well let me walk you out" Tom said, taking Julia's bag for her.
The costars walked towards the elevator, and went down to the lobby.
       "Well this is me" Julia said, as they got to the car.
       "Have a safe flight" Tom said; hugging Julia goodbye. "Wish your grandma a happy birthday for me"
       " I will! Thanks for everything"
       "Anytime. See you Monday morning"
       "Can't wait"