Chapter Ten

If hell could travel on wheels, the scene that unfolds down the lonely dusty road of radiation and fury is a good portrayal of what it would look like. Flashes of explosions and cracks of luminous thunder dotting the dark land scape as blazing wheels, etch a story into the old cracked asphalt of a hidden corporate road. A steady stream of bullets fly back and fourth between the heavily armored behemoths as their long flat tires scream white hot metal Into the dirt and hard ground, spit out steel fireflies as heavy steel gashes against heavy earth and again to heavy steal as they exchange blows, veering back and fourth into each others bodies to like the chariots of war, pulled by horses who eat the flesh of men.
The OCP trucks tailing Robocop and his ally, seem as they the got into a fight with a jack hammer held by rhino, and one they didn't win as destroyed fuel lines leak fire into to the face of the drivers. The Rehabs are relentless however, as the desire for revenge and the need to fill their blood lust would see them follow robocop to the ends of the earth if they where given orders to do so, and with no one to now call them off of, their goals become only to seek and destroy.
The armor of their vehicles holds up even against the barrage of the gatling gun that robocop uses to tear way so much of their armor, but it's not to say that these men are not trained in avoiding being torn up by enemy fire in a back end chase, and it wasn't long into Robocops run for freedom that some of them managed to blow out Robocops back tires.
The girl at the wheel however was trained in the same way they where. Knew how to handle an armored car with more than a few wheels missing. She avoided over correcting and flipping the struck a number of times and even managed to spin off a number of pick tactics that would have seen them driven off the road, and for that Robocop was more than great full, especially when the grenade rounds darted to fly, and the only thing the both of them could do was dodge inbetween shots.
The extra percussive blasts would tear up the road and the landscape around them, meanwhile shotgun seat gunners, pick apart the back end of the truck with their high powered rounds, pealing away Robocops cover one quarter sized hole at a time.
Robocops escape vehicle was heavy, not made for tight maneuvers and fast past vehicle combat, so with skill and strategy, they where only as able to make it as far as they did, before a Rehab managed to blow off the back axel with a well placed and we'll timed grenade shot, that weaved through robocops high Acuracy targeting system to hit it's mark. Boom!
The back of the truck is lifted off the ground for a few moments as Robocop and his friend find themselves in the grip of a front end backlash that through off the both of them. Robocop being sent back, to the front of the cab and through the bullet proof glass. The front end wheels turn and buckle with the force of the explosion and soon the entire truck is up in the air, flipping over Robocop as he hits the ground, and crumbling into its self on impact as it continues to make it way down the road.
A large cloud of dust and smoke p looms into the air as the mess of twisted metal finally comes to a rest, smashing against the bones of one of the rural homes that stood even after the bombs fell.
It takes Robocops systems a moment to adjust after being hit so hard, images of  past life slip through the lense of his mind as he collect what little of himself is still together after being jettisoned through a plate a triple thick bullet proof glass. Though and images and Lewis scratch against the pain of his mind as he comes to grip with the reality of his struggle, and the desperate situation they have now been put in.
They overshot Robocops car by about a few miles, and as robocop fights against the ghost of his mind putting familiar vision to the neighborhood he is in, he soon realizes that a hell on wheel would be much better than the war zone they just landed in.
Robocop scrambles to his feet, as he hears a female voice cry out in agony, and realizing that Rehabs aren't to far behind, he moves quickly past his own failing systems to get out the wreckage Tha was their escape van. His partner is still alive, one tough chicken who refuses to die, even as the raptors close in on their location like so many hungry vultures ready to tear an easy target apart.
Robocop pulls her out through the hole in the window of the front cab that he smashed through, trying to be gentle enough to not waste time, as blaring heavy engines close in on their location.
She is hurt, but not badly enough to be unable to fight, as the trucks on board crash systems and air bags protected her from a good deal of what would have been lethal damage. (The cab of an armored car being the safest place to be these days, and no where else.) OCP had learned their lesson in countless dealing with robocop, and his ability to ghost entire battalions by taking out the driver, something that now saved this woman's life.
The Crawl out of the smoking wreckage, and take cover behind the still heavily armored ball of mashed steel, and ducking into cover with the expectation that soon a barrage of grenades, missles, and high caliber gun fire would chew through the hull in only a few minutes. Robocop already has his gun drawn, but his reserve ammo is running low, and the situation is soon to go from bad to worse.

'They hate the light," (says the voice of Charles Murphy) "Stay close to the fire and it might give you enough time until sunlight comes."

At that moment, what is left of the armor cade tracking them pulls up to the smoldering wreckage that was the armored van Robocop and his companion stole from the OCP base. The fronts of each of them are badly bruised and battered holding together underneath Robocops gatling gun fire until their limits had been reached. Their used to be more of them, a number of light vehicles and motorcycles that had also followed them out of the garage, but Robocop had done his duty in thinning their numbers one dead body at a time, and left bits and pieces of scrap strewn across the OCP private road. The three armored cars that are left, are the remants of an entire hit squad. A motorcycle, a truck with a turret, a high versatility sports car.
Three figures step out of these vehicles to take up immediate tactical position, inspecting the wreckage and fire for any sign of life with the intent to destroy it. These however are no regular men, as each of them shows a good degree of being cybernetically enhanced, and in ways that make Robocops over clocked parts seems incredibly outdated. Each of these cyborgs is unique in their build, as people who had a choice that Robocop never had in becoming a walking killing machine. ("OCP, Always putting cycopaths in their robots.")
These three Cybernetic men are a more to the teeth, and armed with weapons powerfull enough to end a war. But robocop is smart to hid his heat signature in the fire and smoke, making it difficult for their scans to pick up his locations.

"Fuck, did we finally get I him?" Says one as looks about through the scope of a high powered sniper rifle.

"The hell if I know. I'll trust that he's dead when I'm holding his head in my hands." Says the second, a red OCP cyborg with Four  swords on his back.

"You might not get that change Duzzer. We might have blown the Fucker to pieces with that last grenade shot. Shit that was one hell of an explosion." Say the one holding a high powered 12 shot grenade launcher.

"Well if your going to look them look faster, I am picking up movement left and right, this place is crawling with Nuke Freaks." Says the one holding the rifle. "Their gonna get brave as soon as their numbers reach max."

"Shit! Then chalk the wrackage, find that little bit cheaper that was helping him, or at least what is left of her. Chances are she is still alive. I'm gonna make sure she pays if she is."

One of the cyborgs begins to move forward, switching from his grade launcher to a gun very similar to robocops. But before he is about to round the corner, a number of goulish, howls begin to cry out in the distance.

https://www.patreon.com/Epitomepublishing