Chapter 15

(RoboCop speeds along the dusty highway, moving as quickly as he can in order to beat the clock on his quickly burning out emergency servos. Robocops races against the sunrise as some of his internal parts begin to glow red hot with the stress of keeping the heavy cop standing. He knows that if he can get back to his base, his repair seat will fix a number of problems for him almost as good as new. But if his body shuts down before then him and his new companions are gonna have a great deal of trouble on their hands, more than any of them are prepared to handle without his help.)
Robocops log: Speed..... More speed. The timer is ticking down for everything I've ever cared for, all the answers to to questions I've yet to ask of the other ghosts caught in this conflict of men and time. The road has never been kind to those fighting the good fight against the shadows that chase them down in the persuit of the lives that slip through their fingers.
My hands where once made of flesh and bone, muscle and blood, life. But now that they have been replaced with cold metal and hot wires, I find that even they can't hold onto the extra time needed to save lives.
If you push Aman too his limit he gets stronger, faster, more adept and able, but wires and metal and oil don't care much for the the strain. They bend they break, they get replaced, and time never forgives the memory of a broken machine as it sits to rust.
I need to go faster. I need more time, I need greater limits and stronger resolve, things a machine body don't want to give to me.
But I need them, and so does she. Louis, if I break along this road, know that I broke pushing the limits of everything I stood for, as both a man and a machine.

End log.

(RoboCop looks over at a button on his dashboard, it's covered in a heavy steel case and locked with a hand spike key hole. RoboCop pops his spike and inserts it into the opening, pooing the latch on a red button that he looks at in glances as he drives.

"RoboCop, what is that?" Joe says as she looks concerned at the grinmced expression on Robocops face. The only expression he's ever made this entire time of her knowing him.

"We are running out of time. Get in the back seat, hold onto something."

"RoboCop what are you about to..."

"Do it." RoboCop says in a serious voice.
Joe does as he says. Knowing that what is about to happen threatens all of the lives.

She does so, and as Joe climbs into the back seat and holding onto the small mutant girl wrapped in blankets, she buckles the both of them in and tells her to hold on.

RoboCop hits the red button. And a small screen pops open in the dash. RoboCop calculates the distance they have left, and how far they have traveled. He calculated the speed they are traveling and their direction, then plugs them into the computer. Pressing another button the red button then light up.

"What is that?" Joe says a little scared.

RoboCop hesitates to answer, "An Boson flux drive."

"A what?"

"It's an experimental device I confiscated from OCPs tech division.  It's never been tested."

"What does it do?"

"It bends time."

"You can't be serious."

"My emergency systems are running down. Won't make it if we don't get there soon."

"There must be another way."

"We have no other choice. The jump zone is coming up. Stay down"

"I'm afraid not. I've set it to a specific distance. But I don't know what is going to happen once time catches up to us. It could be bad, but I'm going to hit this in a few more seconds. Please stay in the back seat."

"Your Gonna Kill us!"

"Where dead if we don't try. This area is heavily radiated. If I break down here, then the both you won't survive. And even if you do, the Rehabs are sure to be on our tail. We have to try something."

"Dead if we do."

"Dead if we don't."

Joe sits back, as RoboCop starts the countdown. "Three, two..." RoboCop takes a look at the open road, the desolate waste land of what Detroit became thanks the evils of one corporation. His life as both a man and a machine flash before his eyes, and with a small prayer to God he decides to accept fate for whatever it might be. "one."

RoboCop hits the button, causing the car to become charged flashing through a number of strange bolts of energy. The device does as advertised and begins to bend the very nature of time, and the ability to travel through it, but only to a degree of slowing down time while speeding up the object travelling to it, causing the world to come to a relative stop.
As time stops everything, even light, ceases to exist. And colors and blackness fade into a void that seems only relative to the expression of darkness. No time also means no air, and the limit of those who cannot stand the lack of oxygen.
The minutes fade away like hours. RoboCop watches the timer the entire time as he tries to calculate when the effect of the device will end.
He holdes his breath as he pulls back the throttle of the jet engine, switching to a regular drive as he gets ready to slam the breaks as hard as possible.
A sudden stop might kill all of them when exiting the time stop, so RoboCop plans his adjustment accordingly.
He counts down inside his head, as he says the Lord's prayer pulling back the throttle lever.
Joe and the young girl have run out of air by an entire minute, and things get dicy for them RoboCop knows that stopping too soon might be the death of all of them. The countdown is long and painfull. But as soon as the last second shows up on Robocops hud, he hits the button a second time, pulling them out of the time stop and flinging them back into a world of light and sound.
RoboCop crushes the breaks like a rope melon as soon as the light hits him. But the car is soon out of control with the tress of  sudden stop. Her taps the engine just to keep things rolling smoothly and to unsure his break plates don't burst into flames. He swirves and turns avoiding a number of things in his way, as he tries his best not to building the skeletons of airplains. RoboCop uses his enhanced reflexes and calculations to keep the car from rolling into it's side, as he swirves and curves through the miscalculation of his intended stop. But eventually he comes to a screeching halt right at the hanger doors, with both his wheels and brakes practically melted due to the reentry into time.
As RoboCop stops he can hear the little girl in the back seat gasping for air. But he cannot here Joe.
Joe is unconcious, not breathing and passed out in the back seat.
RoboCop moves quickly in pulling her out of the car, but just as he does his servos fail, and the both of them fall to the ground.  RoboCop struggles to fight through the malfunctions, but his body is failing him, but still he fights.

He holds onto Joe as hard as possible, picking the both of them up off the ground, he pushes himself to the door,  leaning on it hard to push it open and falling the ground again. But this time, everything totally fails.
Before Robocops sight goes black, he is met with the onlooking of a familiar face, one he hasn't seen since the Death of McDaggot and Louise's funeral.
Then everything fades.

I am starting a patreon to help fund my stories and giving story advice.
Look out for my patreon at Patreon.com/Epitomepublishing

https://www.patreon.com/Epitomepublishing