In the Night's Embrace

A/N: Scene 7 - Kartik had slipped into Aman's room after everyone had gone to sleep to have their conversation.

Let's just say there's angst, hurt/comfort and maybe... Some kissing. 

Warning: Auto corrects and typos are always behind my back so please forgive me for any mistakes. And please don't get mad at my attempt at typing Hindi, it is NOT my First or Second language so I am prone to make mistakes.

After the conversation with Goggle, Aman refused to allow anyone enter the room, or even talk with him. Sunaina, concerned about her son, asks Kusum to go and check upon him.

"Ab kya?" she asks. "Tumhe aaj raath terrace par jaana hai. Maine usse kaha ki tum wahaan tumhara lover se milne ke liye jaa rahi hai. Agar woh tumse pyaar karti hai, zaroor woh wahaan aayegi." Aman said. (What now?) (You have to go to the terrace tonight. I have told her that you are going there to meet your lover. If she loves you, she will definitely come)

"Toh tum match maker play kar rahe ho. Kartik ko kya hoga? Bohot dhuki tha jab tune wahaan se baagh gaya." Kusum said. "Aur kya kartha? Gale lagaane ke liye uske paas jaata toh papa aur naraaz hone ka chances thi aur Kartik ko aur pitaai padenge. Agar main wahi khade raha toh... mujse nahi hoga Kusum. Aaj raath hi uske saath baaghne ka man kar raha hai. Par..." Aman trails off. (So you are playing matchmaker. What will happen to Kartik? He was very sad when you ran away) (What else could I do? If I had gone to hug him chances are there papa will get more angry and Kartik will get more beatings. If I was just standing there... I can't do it Kusum. I want to run away with him tonight itself but...)

"Parivaar ke baare mein chinta hai na? Log uske baare mein kya bolenge aur woh sab tujhe rok rahi hai yahaan?" Kusum asked knowingly. "Woh bhi hai par... Kartik ko woh achcha nahi lagega agar hum baagh gaye. Main jaantha hoon ki uska mann parivaar ko jeethne mein laga hai. Usko yeh parivaar bohot pasandh aaya yaar, usse main yeh cheen nahi saktha." Aman said sadly. (You are thinking about the family na? What will people talk about them and that is stopping you here?) (That is also there but... Kartik won't like it if we run away. I know that he is trying to win over the family. He loves my family yaar, I can't take this away from him)

"Aaj raath hum sab milkar ek decision lenge. Abhi keliye be strong. Woh ladki ne kaha tha na? Ab toh bohot mushkil samay hai. Hum isko paar karenge. End main sab theek ho jaayega" she said and leaves the room. (Tonight we all can take a decision together. For now, be strong. That girl also said na? It is a difficult time. We will cross it. In the end, everything will be fine)

Aman just looks around the room and sighs. He just had one wish, his family accepting his relationship with Kartik. But it turned out just as he imagined, his dad hates Kartik with a passion and he doesn't know what to do. 

And Kartik... Kartik is longing to become a part of his family, he could see that in his eyes, the desperation and longing is just overflowing from every word of his dramatic entrance on the terrace, the hope that was dimming when he saw that Shankar Tripathi had returned with a danda, it was just too much, watching that hope shatter piece by piece with every hit. He couldn't stand there watching his baby being broken apart by his own dad, his baby strongest, his wall of support, his... everything.

And then he decided. He spotted that day's newspaper and tore off a part of it and wrote his note to his parents, promising to marry Kusum, with his fingers crossed that whatever Kusum is planning should work at their favour else... It will be the end of 4 lives in one single day.

When his mother came to call him for dinner, he just held out the paper and shut the door at her face, not caring about how she will feel about it and ignoring all the screaming and squealing going on out there. He just wanted to shut everything out and cry, he just can't keep it all together, he just wants to fall apart in Kartik's arms and pour out every single worry and frustration, his disappointment and... just everything.