Aman's Story (Interlude)

A/N: This is Aman's Story.

Warning: Auto corrects and typos are always behind my back so please forgive me for any mistakes. And please don't get mad at my attempt at typing Hindi, it is NOT my First or Second language so I am prone to make mistakes.

One can say that Aman was kind of the person who was pampered a lot, judging from the way his family was always doting on him. And they could say that Aman was lucky to have this kind of a family who loves him a lot. But he would beg to differ.

For Aman, all this pampering and doting was always suffocating. Not that he doesn't like it at all, more like, the over affection always sets him on the edge and always seemed like his own family was constraining him in a small cage.

His only breath of relief was in the form of Goggle. He always used to follow her everywhere, getting into trouble with her and that small space of freedom was all that he ever wanted, and was available in plenty around Goggle.

Then the accident happened. And he was still dependent on Goggle, willing to show her that whatever happens, he will always be by her side and never will judge her as a weak person. He learnt to adjust with the disability, he guided her, observed her and supported her only when she needed it as he knew what it was like to be smothered, having no freedom to do what you want.

He was the one that stood up for her whenever people made fun of her, ignoring the people who make fun of him for doing so. He vowed to stay beside her until the day she doesn't need him. He noticed all the details that no one ever noticed about her and he knew that they were each other's anchors to the real world.

Then came their teenage years. He had discovered that he was attracted to boys and it scared the shit out of him. He knew that his family won't accept it, Goggle might, considering the way she eyes girls, but didn't have the hope that his family might accept him for who he is, so he started distancing himself from them. It was not so obvious but it was there.

He started a pattern for dating, always going out in 3s, always go out with a girl and a boy to avoid suspicion. Often he was beat up for being gay but he controlled his temper and took it all in silently. Goggle used to patch him up but never questioned him about what happened and he was happy for that.

Then came the time when Goggle got her boyfriend. She was completely over the moon, the happiness radiated out of her and he was really very happy for her for finding herself a boyfriend. But all good things come to an end and there was a small mishap and that ended with Goggle being forced to break up with him.

And Goggle was distraught. She started avoiding nearly everyone, stopped talking and started losing weight and then the family grew concerned and asked Aman to talk to her about it,  almost like they couldn't talk to her about anything. That was another thing he hated about the family. They always sent him to talk to Goggle and never took the initiative to talk to her. It wasn't like they didn't love her, he could see the pity and helplessness that he knew Goggle wouldn't like whenever something happens. So he complies.

He holds her while she cries, he supports her when she needs, he stays with her when no one does and the bond grows strong. College happens, job searching starts and all he wants is to finally give in to his wanting and get far away from the smothering love of his family, to be set free.

And that's what he does. He says that he has got a job in Delhi and he leaves everyone behind, wanting to taste the sense of freedom. He rarely contacted them unless they contacted him. The only person he would voluntarily contact was Goggle and even that slowly started to decrease when he met him.

Kartik.... Aman couldn't explain what he felt whenever he sees that man. He looked just like an over energetic grown up boy who was constantly on the move, shamelessly flirting with anyone and everyone he could find and his boldness. It was both annoying and endearing.