Late Discussions

A/N: Scene 5: Aman and Kusum's conversation is continued.

Warning: Auto corrects and typos are always behind my back so please forgive me for any mistakes. And please don't get mad at my attempt at typing Hindi, it is NOT my First or Second language so I am prone to make mistakes. 

It was late in the evening by the time the family bus stopped at home and everyone was thoroughly exhausted by the time they settled in. So without any further arguments or discussions, everyone left to be after a simple dinner.

At one part of the house, Shankar and Sunaina Tripathi were discussing about how to convert Aman and get him married to Kusum. Another part is where Chaman and Champa are worrying about where their daughter is and how she is currently doing. And then there is the 3rd part, also known as Aman's bedroom.

The mama Tripathi had insisted that Kusum should stay over as it was pretty late by then and she had obliged, not for the reason Sunaina was thinking of though.

Near midnight, Kusum got up and after verifying that everyone was asleep, she walked towards Aman's room and sneaked in, keeping her hand over his mouth to muffle his scream.

"Chup kar! Sabko utaoge kya?" she whispered fiercely as she shut the door. Aman complied and asked "Aadhi raath mein kya kar rahi ho yahaan? Kisi ko patha chala toh kya hoga?" he asked. (Shut up! Do you want to wake up everyone?) (What are you doing here in the in the middle of the night? What will happen if anyone comes to know?)

"Sab so chuke hai. Don't worry about that. Ab, hum humare discussion ko continue karenge. Koi disturb nahi karenge" Kusum said. (Everyone has fallen asleep. Don't worry about that. Now,  we can continue our discussion. No one will disturb us now)

"Teek hai. Tum kya jaana chaahti ho?" Aman asked. "Tumne kya jawab diya Kartik ko when he asked you the question?" Kusum asked excitedly. (Ok. What do you want to know?) (What answer did you give Kartik when he asked you the question?)

"Achcha woh? Pehle I was stunned phir usse poocha ki 'Mujhe dekkar kya sochte ho?' aur usne kaha ki main itna cute hoon ki woh mujhe choone ke liye thadap raha tha. Phir maine accept kiya uske saath date par chalne ke liye." Aman said with a shrug. (Oh that? At first I was stunned then I asked him 'What do you think when you see me?' and he told that I was so cute that he was desperate to touch me. Then I accepted to go on a date with him.)

"That's it? Kuch bhi nahi hua?" she asked. (That's it? Nothing else happened?)

"Nahi, bohot kuch hua par woh sab ab important nahi hai. Tumne kabhi socha ke shaayad Goggle ko tumse pyaar karne ke chances hai? Zindagi ne usko bohot chote di hain. So usko first step lene ka expectations math rakh. Tumhi lena padega." Aman says with finality. (No, many things happened but that is not important now. Have you ever thought that there might be a chance that Goggle also loves you? She has been hurt a lot in her life. So don't expect her to take the first step. You have to take it)

"At least uski good books main aane ke liye main kya kar sakthi hoon?" she asked, doubt filling her voice. "Bohot kuch nahi hai karne ko. Shaayad tum already uski good books main ho? Mujhe nahi patha. Par itna batha saktha hoon ki tum usko completely accept karne ke liye tayaar honi chaahiye." (What should I do to at least get into her good books?) (There's not much for you to do. Maybe you are already in her good books? I don't know. But I can say this much that you have to be ready to accept whatever she throws at you)

"Par kaise?" Kusum asked. "Baath karlo usse. Patha karlo ki usko kya chaahiye, understand ke usko kab madat ka zaroorat hai aur kab usko alone time dena chaahiye. Yeh zaroori hai ek relationship ke liye." Aman advised. (But how?) (Talk to her. Get to know what she wants, understand when she will need your help and when you have to leave her alone. This is important in a relationship)

"Oh... tumhara pyaar ka situation kya hoga? Baath kiya usse? I don't think papaji usko accept karlege." Kusum said. "Mujhe nahi maalum Kusum ki main kya karoon! Ek taraf woh mera jaan hai, hum ek doosre ke bina jeetogi nahi sakthe. Aur us taraf hai mere parivaar, jisko main dhuki dekh nahi saktha. Samaj mein nahi aa raha hai ki kya karoon!" he exclaimed in frustration. (Oh... What is your love situation now? Did you talk to him? I don't think papa will accept your relationship) (I don't know what to do Kusum! On one side is the love of my life, we can't live without each other. And on the other hand is my family, I can't break their hearts. I can't understand what to do!)

Before anyone could say anything though, someone knocked at the window. Aman slowly went and opened it and leapt to the side, narrowly avoiding the blur called legs that would've hit him.

"Naa, I need to hide. Log mere peecha kar rahe he" the hooded figure said as she looked around the room before she hid beneath the bed. The 3 of them could hear the sound of footsteps and muffled shouts. Kusum went and switched off the lights so that they wouldn't attract attention. A few minutes later, Aman gave the all clear and Kusum switched the light back on. (I, I need to hide. There are people chasing me)

"Tum kaun ho? Kyon yahaan aaye?" Kusum asked. "Adhaan sonne la? Gunde mere peeche paden hai. Uske boss ko mujhse shaadi karne ki ichcha hai. Tum dono ivlo lateah enna pandringa? I hope maine tumko disturb nahi kiya. Raath sone ke liye jagah chaahiye if you don't mind." hoodie said. (Who are you? Why are you here?) (I told you na? Goons are chasing me. Their boss wants to marry me it seems. What are you doing this late? I hope I didn't disturb you. I need a place to sleep tonight if you don't mind)

"Tum mere kamre me sone jaao, koi problem nahi hai." Kusum said. "Love birds want some alone time? Call me R" she said as she took down the hood. (No problem, you can sleep in my room)

"Nahi, humare love ko paane ki plan kar rahe hai. Aur is shaadi se escape karne ke liye." Aman said. (No, we are planning to get our lovers. And to escape from this marriage)

"Achcha, tum un dono ke jaan ho, ab samaj me aaya. Don't worry, sab theek ho jayega. Kusum ke paas ek plan hai na, bohot maza aayega usko execute karne mein. Par be strong huh? Idhu oru kashtamana neram. Don't lose hope and ellame nallapadiya mudingidum." she said before going put of the room. (Oh, so you two are their lovers, now I understand. Don't worry, everything will be alright. Kusum has a plan right, it will be fun executing it. But be strong hun? These are difficult times. Don't lose hope and everything will end well)

The two of them blinked when she suddenly peeked in "They are on their way" she announced and skipped away.

"Kuch samaj mein aaya?" Kusum asked. "Nai par she said your plan might work? Kya hai tumhara plan?" he wondered. "Kuch nahi... 1) Hum sab baagh jaayenge ya 2) Maybe hum cross dress karlenge..." Kusum said. (Did you understand anything?) (No but she said your plan might work? What is your plan?) (Nothing much... 1) We all elope or 2) Maybe we can cross dress)

"Kya? Kuch samaj main nahi aaya" he said. "Hum cross dress kar sakthe hai. Par woh plan hum un dono waapas aane ke baad hi discuss kar sakte hai " Kusum said with an evil smile. (What? I don't understand) (We can cross dress. But we can discuss that plan only after they come back)

Aman just started at her in disbelief. "Paagal ho kya?" he asked. (Are you mad?) 

"Uska fikar chhod do. Hum phir baath karenge kal" Kusum finished uncertainly. "Soch lo, might be the only option" Kusum said and left the room, leaving Aman in shock. (Don't worry about it now. We will talk again tomorrow. Think about it, might be the only option)

A/N: And, that is the fifth installment of the series. Hope you all like it. All comments and criticism accepted and appreciated! This fic is betaed by girl.with.passion who writes on Fanfiction.net, try out their books, it's amazing! Any prompts are welcome. The next chapter is on the way! 

Thank you all for reading!!!!

Rasnak signing off :) ;)

UPDATED ON 1 MARCH 2020