4| Welcome To The Jungle

She woke up and peered around, her head painfully killed her

She woke up and peered around, her head painfully killed her. Sam rested on the bed for a while, trying to remember last night and digest everything that happened. Her thoughts traveled back to Raymond. He appeared like a friendly guy.

First of all, he probably has a girlfriend, and I have Tom. Well, not exactly have him. She sat down and lowered her feet until they hit the ground. She rose, and surprisingly felt well, maybe just sensing a lack of sleep.

Where is my phone? Probably still in my bag. She left the bedroom to get her phone. Sam slowly reached the living room, scratching her head, and thinking about last night.

Her apartment seemed big for one person. There were two bedrooms, Sam occupied one of them. The second bedroom officially became the guest room when Molly moved out. Even though the main guest who would spend the night in the spare room remained, Molly. There was a small bathroom in the hallway between the two bedrooms and another restroom attached to Samantha's bedroom.

Everything else held one enormous space, a kitchen on one side of the apartment, and an entrance on the other side. And in the back stood the living room, with a balcony and gigantic windows to the street. The flat was empty before the girls moved there. They furnished everything, composing the area the way they liked it. A part of the space remained open so it felt not suffocating.

Sam found her phone and checked the time, realizing it was after ten o'clock already. She had a few messages and missed calls. Her mom called her two times, and Scott called more than that.

Before reading the texts, she turned the music on. While Samantha was at home, songs always played in the background. She began the playlist from Guns N' Roses this time. Checking her phone, again. Messages were from two people, Scott and Tom. First, she viewed Tom's text.

"Hi, how have you been? I missed you. I'm coming to Los Angeles in thirteen days, for some business. Maybe we could meet?"

It's like he has a sixth sense of me. She scoffed at the thought.

"Hey, I'm good. And you? Sure, we can meet, it's been a while." She quickly typed the response.

Samantha knew him well and had a strong hunch about the purpose of his visit. His visit seemed like an excellent opportunity to resolve their relationship. She reflected a lot on her life for the last week and conceded the decision that she shouldn't live in the past and that she was looking more to the future, which didn't involve her ex-boyfriend.

She turned on the coffee machine and started to read Scott's messages.

"Where are you? I'm worried." The first message showed.

"Stop dodging my calls!"

"Seriously, Sam, I threw you a freaking concert, and you don't even pick up my calls, what the hell is wrong with you? Ungrateful bitch." Bitch, seriously?