24| Adventure Of A Lifetime I

They arrived at La Cigale, Louis parked the bus in front of the building

They arrived at La Cigale, Louis parked the bus in front of the building. It allowed short-term parking since the band had to transfer all the equipment. A concert hall stood between a small cafe and a clothing store. The exterior of the building held white, and it had a few stories. The street seemed busy, people and cars rotated around. The smell of baked goods mixed with petrol fumes made Samantha nauseous since her stomach stayed empty.

While the guys unloaded music equipment, Sam peered around the interior of the building. Inside of the structure remained spacious, formed in a round formation, small stairs led down to the concert hall, and above stood a balcony filled with red chairs. That part remained closed for that night. The stage was held at the back of the room.

"It's hard to believe we are here," Logan stated, looking around.

"You had concerts in France before," Sam replied, glancing at him.

"But not in La Cigale," Logan said. "This," He swirled around with his hands stretched out. "This means we made it," he explained with a smirk.

"I'm guessing not everyone is allowed to perform here," Sam said with amusement. Her laugh echoed against the big space.

"Of course not! We are standing where Coldplay performed," Logan explained, glancing at her. "Panic! At The Disco and Paramore, big bands played here," he added, gasping with a smile on his face. "And we are here too." Logan's hands seemed shaky.

"Are you okay?" Sam asked, placing her palm on his arm.

"Yes. I am a bit nervous," Logan replied, looking at her.

"You guys will be great," she assured him.

"Thousand people, Sam. That is how many people bought the tickets to see us. It's still hard to believe all this is real, sometimes," he explained. Logan's blue eyes seemed glassy.

"Hey, you two," James shouted. "Get to work we don't have all day."

Logan went to help with equipment, while Samantha traveled to the front of the building. Gabriel and Sam started in a merch shop. They formed it at the side of the hall entrance. They also brought clothes they will wear for the event and carried them to the dressing room. Louis left with a bus when everything was unloaded and settled down.

There were two hours left until security would let people into the hall. Gabe and Sam continued settling the Purple Rain merchandise, there were a lot of items: t-shirts, hoodies, caps. Samantha enjoyed Ray's voice while the band rehearsed their playlist. The music stopped, and soon the guy showed up in front of the counter.

He looked at Gabe. "Go help the guys," he said, motioning with his head toward the hall.

"Be nice," Sam said and smiled at Ray. Gabriel left them alone in the room. Sam still organized everything on the table.

"Oh, I'm super nice," Ray replied. He smiled and went behind the counter, taking Sam's face in his palm. "I missed you." He pecked her lips. "We ordered food. You are hungry, right?" He put his palm on her stomach.