13| Thanks For The Memories

After Micheal passed away, the lawyer revealed his will to Morris's family

After Micheal passed away, the lawyer revealed his will to Morris's family. They played the video recording a week after the funeral. Samantha cried the whole time of that video and didn't even realize that she inherited all his possessions. She received everything but with a few conditions.

Her grandmother was still alive, so Sam had to make sure Rose lived well for the time she had left. Sam had to publish his last book, adding her name to it, including the book signing event. One more condition was that Samantha can't sell any property or art for the next ten years.

Not everyone felt glad about Michael's decision to leave everything to Samantha. But he explained his motives in the video. She didn't want to tell her family drama to Raymond. There remained no need at that moment. However, it felt liberating to tell Ray more about her family. Sam's heart ached, and she felt bewildered. But she always seemed that way when talking about her grandfather.

"Do you want some ice cream?" Sam proposed to Raymond after the conversation about Micheal seemed over.

"Sure. What flavors do you have?" Ray asked as Sam proceeded to the freezer.

"I have vanilla and pistachio taste," she said and showed him two jars, one in each of her hands.

"Pistachio," Ray responded and came to the kitchen area, taking a green jar.

"Really?" She arched her eyebrow.

"Yeah, my favorite. I'm surprised you even have that." He smiled and took off the lid of the container.

"My favorite too," Sam remarked, smiling playfully, and took out two spoons from the kitchen drawer.

She went toward her bedroom, holding spoons in her hand. Raymond hesitated for a moment, but soon he followed her. She stood near the bed when he walked into the room.

The bedroom held everything a girl needed. On the left side of the room stood the walk-in closet. On the other side of the room remained a bookshelf that occupied the entire wall, except the space where the bathroom door stayed situated. In the middle of the bedroom stood a king-size bed with nightstands on each side of the bed, above the bed remained a window with brown roller blinds.

Between the wardrobe and bedroom entrance stood a dressing table, with a big mirror and a few drawers. Like the entire apartment, the bedroom kept a white and brown interior. In this room, the furniture remained white, and other details were brown, including the walls.

Raymond peeped around, and his glance went toward the bookshelf.

"The famous bookshelf." He grinned. "What's behind that door?" He pointed to the door in the middle of the bookshelf.

"My bathroom," Sam said, noticing water dripping from the ice cream jar.

"So, two bathrooms, interesting." He stood nodding his head, absorbing the rest of the space.