29| Tattoo

The shower took longer than they expected, and the bus waited for them near the hotel

The shower took longer than they expected, and the bus waited for them near the hotel. They grabbed necessities and prepared for the show at the venue. The band won't have a long rehearsal, only a soundcheck. The bus appeared cleaner, and the air seemed fresher than before. Samantha felt terrible, finding out that while Ray and she rolled in the bed all day, the rest of the guys stayed partying at Amstelveen. Louis cleaned the bus. That was a part of his job, nevertheless, it made Sam feel embarrassed.

It seemed clear Sam won't go to the crowd this time. So for the concert, she picked a spot upstairs since it was closed, but she had all-access, so she watched the show from there. While the guys performed, Samantha did a bit of soul-searching.

She didn't want to be seen as Ray's girlfriend because of Scott and Purple Rain fans. What Sam realized at that moment: fuck all of them. She didn't care what strangers would think of her, and she had to deal with Scott's situation as soon as possible.

The detective ghosted her. Sam felt disappointed and confused at the same time. She heard nothing from him for at least a week. His last voicemail seemed cryptic: Plan A failed. I was wrong, Samantha. Sam guessed the message meant that a restraining order against Scott won't be filed any time soon. Maybe Paul failed to find anything solid to show as proof. So she had to deal with this herself as soon as she traveled back to Los Angeles.

And until then, Sam avoided contact with Scott. She kept giving him excuses, of traveling and having time differences. But in reality, she just ignored his messages and calls.

She didn't see the point of pretending that everything remained fine. She felt tired of playing a friendly role and lying was hard for her. And she realized they can't be friends, not after this. She didn't care about his reasons anymore. The whole situation seemed ridiculous and drained Sam emotionally.

As for the public, Samantha knew Purple Rain fans would crucify her. They loved Courtney, although rumors of Ray being single swirled around for a while now. And the girls had sent him private messages with content, which made Sam raise her eyebrows. But he warned her about that, at the very beginning. She decided to tell her parents about Raymond. Better they hear about him from her than from somewhere else, and the time of invisibility ran out, anyway.

And as Ray said, there was a chance fans soon will figure out about Samantha. Considering she traveled with the band and was seen on multiple occasions. She wasn't someone easily recognizable but considering her family's ties, there were a few photos of Samantha in the known events and they were easily foundable online.

After the show, Ray and Sam spend another night at the Radisson Blu Hotels; and at noon the bus moved to Rotterdam. While relocating, Samantha got disturbing news from her sister concerning her grandmother's health.

Alyssa didn't know what was wrong with Rose, but Samantha's parents seemed secretive and took Rose to doctors often. Samantha tried to grill her mom about what happened, but she didn't tell her anything useful. And overall avoiding the topic of Rose's health, Jen appeared to be focused more on Tom's and Samantha's non-existent relationship.