f i v e

Jeno walked home from school by himself.

He had put his headphones on so that no one would talk to him.

When he got home he dropped his jacket off at the front door, and then walked inside, grabbing a quick snack before making his way to his room.

It was Tuesday, and normally on Tuesdays he would have basketball practice, but it had been cancelled today due to an event happening in the gym.

Jeno sat down at his desk, turning his chair to face the window.

He sat there for a little while, thinking about what he could do other than homework.

Jeno lived by himself most of the time. Both of his parents were normally gone on business trips, so he rarely ever saw them.

Jeno was on literally every team there was at school. Basketball, soccer, football, and if his parents found out that he was focusing more on sports than school work, they would freak out.

He was good at hiding this though, and over the years he had trained himself to become a better liar as well.

Recently, a new family had moved into the house next to his, but so far he hadn't seen a single car or anything in the driveway.

It wasn't like he cared about it or anything, he was just a little curious.

Jeno looked out the window. The sky looked cloudy and dark, as if it was about to rain.

He looked down and saw a boy running, most likely trying to get home quickly before the rain started.

Something about the boy looked familiar. Jeno followed the boy with his gaze, watching as he turned into the driveway of the house next to him.

He looked closer.

No way.

"R-renjun?" He said to himself, surprised.

Renjun was his neighbour? He did find out earlier today that the boy just moved here, but he didn't expect him to be his neighbour!

'What am I going to do?' he thought to himself.

Looking down again, he saw renjun now standing at his door, taking out his keys.

Jeno couldn't help but find the other boy slightly attractive. His small figure made him seem so cute.

After realizing what he had just thought, Jeno quickly shook his head, bringing himself back to reality.

"What are you thinking! You're supposed to hate the boy not like him!" Jeno scolded himself.

He sat back down at his desk, trying his best not to think about anything.

Instead, he pulled out his textbooks and decided to drown himself in his own work.

This couldn't be happening, jeno thought. Desperately hoping he would wake up and realize that it was all a dream.

But of course, after pinching himself hard on the arm, jeno realized that that wasn't possible.

He groaned and then continued doing his math, trying to distract himself from his thoughts.

Jeno had his reasons for bullying people at school. He wasn't normally like that at home, but that was a secret no one other than his two best friends could know.

Renjun would end up finding out about his secret one way or another. Unless Jeno tried to avoid the boy, but they literally lived right next to each other! It would be pretty much impossible to hide it.

Jeno sighed. Out of everyone, why Renjun? The person he was supposed to bully.

The person he was supposed to hate.

No one should be able to know his true self, especially not his victim at school.

Jeno turned to look outside the window again. It had started raining and Renjun had probably already gone inside of his house.

Jeno picked up his pencil, trying to pull his mind back to his homework.

But no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't stop thinking about Renjun.

Instead, jeno shut his books and crawled onto his couch, opening Netflix and selecting a movie to watch.

Hopefully this would help to distract him from his own thoughts.

---

I promise the events will get a lot more interesting lol

And happy birthday to the one and only chittaphon!

we stan a talented king lmao :)