f o u r t e e n

Renjun struggled against the person's grip, trying to get away, but no matter what he did, it didn't work.

"Stop mumbling and do what I say!" Said the person, his tone was harsh, much harsher than Jeno's.

Renjun tried pulling the hands off of his neck, but no matter how hard he tried, it wouldn't work.

"Help!" He tried yelling. His voice came out as barely a whisper.

Just when Renjun thought he was going to pass out, he heard footsteps and felt the grip on his neck being pulled away.

"Renjun! Get behind me!"

He couldn't hear the voice very well, but Renjun did what he said.

The boy quickly grabbed Renjun's wrist and pulled him out of the alley, occasionally knocking down a garbage can to make sure no one was following them.

The light finally brightened after escaping the alley. The street lights shone brightly and Renjun could finally see who the boy was.

Jeno.

Of course it would be Jeno.

"Are you okay?" Jeno asked softly.

Renjun nodded, "yeah," he said, tilting his head up to look at the other boy. The sky was now completely dark and the street was only dimly lit by the streetlights.

It was only then that Renjun realized how handsome Jeno looked. He took a second just to admire his features. The boy was smiling, and it was the first time Renjun noticed how cute his smile was. It somehow didn't match with the boy's strong build, but at the same time, fit together so perfectly.

At the same time, Jeno was taking the time to take in the small boy's appearance. Even after what had just happened, renjun somehow managed to look just as perfect. If not even more perfect than usual. The boy's small figure, beautiful features, and messy brown hair made him look absolutely ethereal.

"Renjun I wanted to say sorry. About how I've been treating you. I get threatened to keep a reputation at school, and I know that's no excuse but I-"

Renjun put a finger to jeno's lips. "I know already, you don't have to explain. I wanted to thank you," he said.

Jeno looked at Renjun, confused.

"You saved my life." Said Renjun smiling.

Seeing the boy smile was the most beautiful thing Jeno had ever seen. He didn't even notice that he was staring until Renjun called his name.

"Jeno?"

Jeno immediately snapped out of his trance. "Oh yeah, it was nothing." He said casually, "just please promise me you won't do that again."

Renjun laughed. "I promise."

"Thank you, now wanna go home?" Jeno asked.

Renjun nodded and the two boys walked side by side all the way back. The walk was mostly settled in a comfortable silence, as neither of the two had much energy after what had happened.

They had almost reached their neighbourhood when Jeno spoke up.

"How did you know about it?" He asked.

The older had a confused look as if to say 'what do you mean?'

"The reason why I bullied you," answered jeno. He thought that nobody knew. he hadn't even told jaemin or Jisung yet.

"A boy named mark told me." Renjun answered simply.

"Oh, I think I remember him," jeno stated, looking as if he was trying to recall any memories of the boy.

They continued walking until they finally reached home.

"I guess I'll see you soon?" Renjun asked.

"Yeah, of course," Jeno answered. A part of him wanted to ask the other to hang out a little more, but he decided not to. He wasn't sure how Renjun would react yet.

Renjun waved goodbye and smiled, turning around to enter his house.

Jeno watched renjun, finding himself not able to take his eyes off of the boy as he walked. His smile could brighten the world.

At this point, there was no denying his feelings for Renjun. He wasn't even going to try.

He still wondered how he had developed feelings for his victim, but the bigger question was, what was he going to do about it?

---

My spring break has started :)

I think that I'll probably be updating a lot during this break since ik I'm gonna be bored asf so be ready lmao

Also, 200 reads! I still can't believe it!! Ty to anyone who is reading this story ilysm!