f i f t e e n

Jeno put down his books. It was the afternoon and Jeno was supposed to be studying for a big test that he had coming up, but of course, he couldn't.

How could he? With everything happening, there was no way he could get himself to concentrate.

There was a constant debate happening in his head. Jeno enjoyed playing the sports tremendously. At this point, it was practically his life. But meeting Renjun made him wonder whether it was actually worth it to bully others in order to stay on the team.

Jeno got up from where he was sitting and decided to go out for a walk. Putting on his jacket, he walked out the door, closing it behind him.

At first, Jeno didn't know where he wanted to go, but soon enough he found himself walking towards the cafe that Renjun had come from yesterday.

Right when he walked in, he could smell the scent of freshly brewed coffee and the happy chatter amongst the people inside.

"Jeno?"

Jeno looked up and saw a black-haired boy around his height with a nametag that read 'Mark'.

"Hi, you're Mark right?" he asked, smiling nervously.

the boy nodded, "are you waiting for someone?" he asked.

Jeno shook his head in response. "I was actually wondering if I could talk to you."

Mark smiled and motioned towards a table. "Of course! I'll get you something to drink and then I'll be right with you."

The boy walked off and Jeno quickly found a spot to sit. A few moments later, Mark came rushing back with the drinks, giving one to Jeno as he sat down.

"So, what's up?" he asked.

Jeno hesitated before speaking. "You were on the teams before right?" Jeno asked, watching the other nod before continuing. 

He told him everything. About the bullying when Renjun first came, his feelings now, how he didn't know what to do. The whole time Mark listened and devoted his full attention to the other boy.

When he was finished, Jeno took a deep breath. "I don't know what to do,"

Mark smiled. "If you like the boy this much you should probably quit. I just don't think it's worth it. There are other options for playing sports you know? You could probably tell a teacher about it too. I just don't think it's necessary to go through all of this just to stay on a stupid team."

Jeno nodded. "yeah, I know. But aren't they gonna end up doing something to me if I quit? I'm just... scared you know?"

"I understand. But I don't think there's any other option. You're just going to have to trust that your teachers will believe you I guess," Mark replied. 

Jeno sighed. "yeah. thanks for talking with me," he said.

Mark nodded and smiled. "No problem, please feel free to find me anytime."

Jeno thanked the other once again and heard mark wish him 'good luck' before heading out the door. He felt the cool wind blowing on his face as he walked back. 

Jeno got home just in time to see Renjun outside. 

"Renjun!" he called, which made the small boy turn around.

"Hey Jeno," he answered.

Jeno smiled. It was nice to see a change in the way Renjun looked at him now. It was obvious that the pure hatred that had been there before was now lifted. Or most of it at least.

"I-uh, was wondering if you would like to come over right now? Maybe watch a movie? You don't have to, I totally understand if you didn't want to," Jeno asked. He wanted to mentally slap himself for stuttering.

Renjun smiled. "Yeah sure, I'd love to," he answered.

Just hearing Renjun's soft voice made Jeno's heart do flips.

"Great! wanna come in?" he asked.

Renjun nodded and Jeno led him inside, telling him to get comfortable while Jeno quickly rushed around finding snacks.

"So what movie do you want to watch?" 

---

you've probably heard this over and over already but plz stay safe and healthy everyone!