s i x t e e n

Jeno sat down next to Renjun, placing down a bowl of chips and two sodas in front of them. The two had decided to go with a horror movie since both insisted that they weren't scared.

The first half of the movie went by in mostly silence. Jeno being fairly cautious so as not to get to close to the other boy. But after a little while, Renjun spoke up.

"Jeno can I ask you something?"

Jeno nodded and turned his head to look over at the smaller boy.

Renjun hesitated. If he was completely honest, he still wasn't sure if he could trust Jeno. It seemed silly after everything that Jeno had done for the other boy, but there was still a part of him that needed a confirmation. Something that proved to him that Jeno wasn't the bad person that Renjun thought he was when they first met.

Renjun thought about telling Jeno this, but turned down the idea. He shook his head softly. "Nevermind, it's nothing," Renjun said, turning his attention back to the screen.

Jeno was confused, but just as he was about to ask about it, he heard Renjun scream and felt the older immediately bury his face in Jeno's arm.

It took a moment for Renjun to realize what he just did. Renjun instantly detached himself from Jeno and mumbled a shy 'sorry' which caused Jeno to smile.

"It's okay," he replied, and hesitated a second before saying, "I liked it."

This caused Renjun to become extremely flustered. The boy's cheeks were now tinted with shades of red and he had to do everything in his will to avoid Jeno's eyes. Jeno on the other hand just smiled at Renjun's cuteness.

Jeno raised his hand up to Renjun's face and gently tilted his head so that their eyes could meet. Jeno felt his gaze slowly travelling down to the chinese boy's lips and soon enough, Renjun was able to practically feel Jeno's breaths next to his.

Just as their lips were about to connect, Renjun backed away, shaking his head softly.

"Jeno, I'm sorry. I really should've told you this earlier, and I know it sounds really bad but I'm still not sure if I can trust you yet." Renjun said quietly, once again trying to avoid Jeno's gaze, not sure how he would respond.

Jeno nodded before responding. "y-yeah, I'm sorry too." he said softly.

A few moments passed by in silence. At this point, both had pretty much forgotten about the movie in front of them.

"I quit the teams," Jeno blurted suddenly. He wasn't sure why, but he felt that it was something that Renjun should know.

"you what?" Renjun answered in shock.

Jeno sighed. "I'm quitting the teams. I don't think it's worth it to have to, you know, bully you to be able to stay on the team. And you probably don't even believe me, but I don't want you getting hurt anymore. Especially not by me. I want to protect you from it, not be the one causing it."

Renjun was still shocked. This was the type of proof he needed to erase his negative thoughts about Jeno. And now that he knew, Renjun didn't know what to say.

"thank you," He said, and once again the room was filled with an empty silence.

"I should probably go, we have school tomorrow anyways," said Renjun as he hurriedly got up.

"yeah, of course." Jeno said, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

Renjun nodded and smiled before leaving.

• ° , * · ★ . °

Back at home, Renjun was in his bedroom pacing back and forth. His mind was still trying to process what had just happened.

I almost kissed Jeno.

That thought was the only thing on his mind right now. And he didn't know why, but he somehow enjoyed the feeling of Jeno's lips so close to his. He wanted to have Jeno's strong presence next to him, his cute smile, there was something about Jeno that he somehow found so attractive.

"What's wrong with me?" Renjun asked himself.

How could this have happened? Why did his heart always start to flutter around Jeno ever since that night in the alley? This was something Renjun definitely didn't understand.

But no matter how hard he tried, the thoughts that were running around in his mind just wouldn't leave him alone.

---

500 reads!! Omfg I love you guys so much I'm actually screaming rn!!

Tysm to everyone who's been supporting me on this story! I can't express how much I appreciate it!