t w e n t y - o n e

Donghyuck, Jaemin, Chenle, and Jisung waited patiently at the entrance of the new arcade. Well, Jisung waited patiently at least. The other three, not so much. 

"Okay seriously though, where are Renjun and Jeno? I will explode if I need to wait any longer." Chenle complained. 

"no don't explode! I need you Chenle," Jisung said wrapping an arm around the shorter while he pouted.

"Why don't we just go in? It's their fault their late," Donghyuck said impatiently.

Jaemin shook his head. "no. that's not nice Hyuck." 

hearing this, the older just rolled his eyes and went back to walking back and forth in the front lobby.

The door to the arcade finally opened and all four boys looked up to see Renjun and Jeno walking in, hands laced together with smiles on their faces.

"oh my god finally!" Donghyuck almost screamed out. 

"Sorry we're late, we lost track of time," Renjun said.

"Well it's a good thing you noticed, we were about to go without you," donghyuck said sassily.

Jeno smiled. "So shall we go in?" He asked, and the rest of the boys all nodded in response.

Donghyuck pulling Jaemin away while muttering something about a bet, and Chenle walking away hand in hand with Jisung.

"Well if they were going to separate into groups, they could've just gone in without us," renjun pointed out.

Jeno nodded and sighed. That was true, but hey, that only meant more time for him and Renjun to hang out together.

"Let's not worry about them, we're here to have fun" jeno said. He took Renjun's hand and the two started exploring the arcade, Renjun's eyes landing on the claw machine.

Jeno noticed, and followed Renjun's gaze to a plushie filled machine. He smiled and the two walked over.

"Do you want to play?" Jeno asked, which Renjun nodded in reply.

After inserting his coins, Jeno watched the small boy amusingly as Renjun tried to win a small moomin plushie that was placed in the back corner. Failing the first time, Renjun ended up putting in more and more coins, continuously failing over and over. After many failed attempts Renjun finally gave up and pouted.

"I can try and win it for you if you want?" Jeno suggested.

Renjun nodded. "It's hard," he said.

Jeno just smiled in response, inserting a few coins into the slot. To be honest, Jeno was fairly good at claw machines. When he was younger, their family lived in an apartment with a small claw machine on the first floor. Since Jeno's parents always got home late, young Jeno always went to that claw machine to play, using the money that he got from his grandparents. Over the years, he had gotten pretty good.

Renjun watched anxiously as Jeno carefully centered the claw before lowering it down. It picked up the moomin plushie effortlessly before dropping it in the box.

Renjun squealed in excitement and gave Jeno a very tight hug. Then running to grab his moomin plushie.

"How did you do that?" He asked curiously.

"I'm amazing, that's why," Jeno said confidently.

Renjun laughed. "Sure you are," he said, rolling his eyes.

"What, you think I'm not amazing?" Jeno asked, letting out a fake gasp.

Renjun smirked playfully before saying, "I think that was pure luck."

Jeno sighed. "I guess I'll just have to prove you wrong next time," he said.

Renjun smiled. "Yes you will. Now come on let's get some food," he said, dragging Jeno over to the snack bar.

The two boys walked over, ordering a few small snacks before walking off to the side to wait for their food.

All of a sudden, Renjun felt his moomin plushie being pulled out of his grasp. He turned around to see Donghyuck and Jaemin standing a few feet away from him.

"Come and get it," Hyuck said playfully and then dashed away.

Renjun, who would do anything to protect his moomin sprinted off behind him while Jeno followed. Leaving behind the worker who had just come out with their food.

"Come back here you potato!" Renjun shouted.

The four ran by a ton of families, children, teenagers, and eventually passed by a very confused chensung.

Chenle, being the curious cutie that he is, decided to follow them which only meant that Jisung had to follow as well.

The six boys ran around the arcade, occasionally screaming harmless insults at each other.

At this point, almost everyone was staring, as it was definitely strange to see six teenage boys running as if their life depended on it in an arcade.

But after a while, they finally calmed down. Donghyuck returning the plushie and receiving a light slap from the older.

And that's how most of their evening went. Chasing, screaming, and insulting each other, but all of them had to admit, it had definitely been a very fun evening.

---

We reached 1k reads!!!

Honestly I can't thank you guys enough! It means so much to me knowing that ppl actually read the stuff I write lmao

But srsly, i love you guys sooo much for supporting me! It always makes me so happy!!💕💕💕