s e v e n

It was the afternoon. Renjun was at Chenle's massive house along with Donghyuck. The three were currently sitting in the living room. Renjun doing homework, while Chenle and Donghyuck sat on their phones.

"Are you guys sure you don't have any homework?" Renjun asked.

"No we do, we just don't wanna do it," Chenle answered.

Donghyuck nodded, going along with what Chenle had said.

Renjun just shrugged, focusing back on the work in front of him.

After a while of silence, Donghyuck spoke up.

"Hey you know how our school is holding a bake sale thing after school tomorrow?" he asked.

Chenle and Renjun nodded. "yeah? what about it?"

"Would you guys wanna volunteer with me? I feel like it'll be fun, and everyone that volunteers gets free food," said Hyuck.

hearing this made Chenle's eyes light up. "free food? count me in!" Chenle exclaimed.

Donghyuck looked at Renjun who shook his head.

"I think I'll pass on this one. I don't really wanna go to a big school event, especially if Jeno's gonna be there," he said, sighing. It really was a shame. even Renjun thought that it would've been fun if he went with his two friends, but he was still scared that Jeno would be there, ready to bully him yet again.

"we'll be there to protect you," Chenle suggested, looking up at the older boy. 

Renjun shook his head firmly again. Even though a part of him wanted to give in after hearing this, he had made up his mind and wasn't going to change it. "maybe next time," he says, smiling.

Chenle and Donghyuck nod, understanding. Renjun definitely had a pretty valid reason not to go, and they wanted Renjun to be comfortable in this new environment.

• ° , * · ★ . ° •

"Jaemin! why'd you do that! I was about to win!" Jisung whined.

Jeno and Jisung were both currently at Jaemin's house, all three of them sitting on the floor playing mario kart.

"I didn't do anything! you were the one who crashed into the wall!" Jaemin said to the younger.

Jisung pouted, looking at Jeno. "Aren't you gonna help me?" he asked.

Jeno laughed, "Nope your on your own for this one."

Jisung crossed his arms and pouted again.

"how about we go get ice cream?" Jaemin suggested.

"yay!" they heard Jisung say, suddenly happy again.

Jeno smiled, "I'm not paying though,"

Jaemin just laughed before agreeing to pay for the ice cream, they were at his house anyway.

They got to the ice cream shop a few minutes later, ordering their ice cream and sitting down at a table outside.

"Hey, are any of you planning on doing the bake sale tomorrow after school?" asked Jaemin after a little while.

Jeno shook his head. "I don't really feel like it," he said.

Seeing as Jeno wasn't going Jaemin looked at Jisung. 

"what will you give me?" he asked.

"more ice cream?" asked Jaemin. 

Hearing this, Jisung nodded immediately. "deal!" he said excitedly.

Jeno shook his head, amused at how easily the youngest of the three had agreed after hearing the words 'ice cream.'

The three boys talked for a while. About school, life, and other things like that. Jeno was tempted to tell his two friends about Renjun but decided not to. He didn't want to ruin the light atmosphere that they were in right now.

maybe another time, he thought, as he ignored his thoughts once more and focused on the conversation ahead of him.

---

this is a very short filler chapter so nothing rly happened. next chapter is going to be mostly about the other dreamies, so not noren, but after that, I will get straight back into the actual plot :)