s e v e n t e e n

"Chenle!"

Chenle turned around and saw Renjun running towards him.

"Renjun ge!" He shouted back.

It was currently lunch and Renjun hadn't seen Chenle or Donghyuck all throughout the morning.

"I have so much to tell you!" Renjun said eagerly once he caught up to the younger boy.

Chenle nodded. "Let's go find a spot to sit first. Donghyuck will probably come join us later," he said before walking into the cafeteria.

As soon as they walked through the doors, the loud chatter of the students immediately filled their ears. And as always, there was nowhere to sit.

Suddenly, Renjun heard someone call his name. He looked around and saw Jeno sitting with Jaemin and Jisung, waving him over.

"Renjun! Come sit with us!" Said Jeno excitedly.

Renjun smiled and motioned for Chenle to follow as he walked towards the table that Jeno was sitting at.

"You definitely have a lot to tell me later today..." whispered Chenle while they walked over to the table, but was then immediately engulfed in a bone-crushing hug by Jisung.

"So do you..." Renjun muttered quietly as he sat down. He couldn't help but smile at how cute Chenle and Jisung looked together.

Renjun sat down across from Jeno and glanced up quickly at him, still half expecting Jeno to come up with a mean comment or something even after how close they had grown.

"So what's been happening with you two?" Asked Renjun while grinning at Chenle and Jisung.

Hearing this, Chenle immediately blushed furiously which only caused Jisung to smile and cautiously slide his arm around Chenle's slim waist.

"I could ask the same about you and Jeno hyung," Chenle retorted.

Jeno just forced a smile and avoided making any eye contact with Renjun. He was still shocked that they had almost kissed the other day too. And there was no doubt about his feelings for the small boy, but from Jeno's point of view, Renjun made it pretty clear that he didn't feel the same way.

Jeno sighed and decided to change the subject instead.

"So did u guys hear about that new arcade opening up close to here?" He asked.

Jisung nodded. "Of course! It sounds fun!"

"I bet I'm better than you, park," said Chenle from the side of the table. He heard Jisung laugh softly in reply. 

"I guess that'll be something that we'll have to settle by ourselves..." Jisung replied, smirking a little.

"Hey, we should all go together!" Jaemin suggested excitedly.

"yeah! with Donghyuck as well!" said Chenle, just as Donghyuck walked up to the table.

"whats up guys?" asked Hyuck, taking a seat down next to Jaemin.

"we're going to the new arcade tomorrow," said Jeno. 

Donghyuck paused, eyeing Jeno and then Renjun as if he was making sure that it was okay with him. After seeing Renjun smile in reply, he nodded. "yeah sure, I'll come," he said casually.

"yay!" Chenle cheered, practically jumping up from his seat. 

From the side of the table, Renjun noticed Jisung's arm holding Chenle's waist loosely. Something definitely happened with Chenle and Jisung that he didn't know about, but he was determined to figure out what was going on with the two.

Little did he know, Chenle was thinking the exact same thing. Chenle had noticed Jeno's occasional shy glances and smiles at Renjun. And Renjun avoiding Jeno's eyes, but it wasn't like before. Something had changed, and Renjun no longer looked scared of the other. 

Whatever it was, Chenle trusted that Renjun would tell him sooner or later. So instead, he directed his attention back to the conversation ahead of him.

---

I'm sry this chapter was so short and boring lol. Be ready for the next chapter though cuz it's gonna be a good one ;)