Choosing

''' '''- Dreaming
*******************

*~Y/N's POV~*

Silence was all I heard, we just started walking towards they're shelter. 'I'm a little surprised that they let me in, I mean people wouldn't just do that, like seriously..' I winced as I felt something on my foot. 'Must be glass'

"My name's Y/N by the way.." I said interrupting the silence.

They nodded and the man looked up.

"Do you know how to survive?" The man asked.

"I can drive, shoot and protect myself. But I can also make stupid decisions and kill myself so yeah, I guess so."

"So um how did you survive this long with just your friend?" The boy asked.

I looked at the floor, not wanting to remember the memories.

"I actually wasn't just with my friend but I rather not talk about it.." I said

"Oh I'm sorry," He responded while looking down.

"It's alright, so how far away is the shelter?" I asked while looking at them.

"Not far just about 10 minutes away," The man responded.

"Um.. I-I never caught your names," I said to both of them.

"I'm Rick and this is my son Carl," Rick said.

"Hi," said Carl smiling in a silly way.

I smiled and said "Hi Carl and Rick,"

"Can I ask you something? If you don't mind?" Rick asked.

"You actually just did but okay, Sure," I said as I heard Carl and Rick giggle slightly.

"How did you crash? What happened? You don't have to answer but you can if you want to" Rick asked seriously.

"Y/F was driving, my friend, we were just escaping from this place that my father died at" I said.

I could feel them both staring at me already.

"I was staring out the window not wanting to talk, she told me that I thought way too much," I said as I smiled at the ground.

"I was really upset at that moment.. Lost my whole family how else should I feel? Lost my Big brother, Mom, Dad. Then I noticed something on her shoulder it was a wound from when we were escaping and I asked her. I was such a fool, I distracted her, she crashed because of me. When we crashed she passed out meanwhile I was awake and in pain, I saw her getting taken away, I yelled, screamed and tried to escape but I felt the car flip over to the side and got even more hurt" I continued.

"It wasn't your fault" Carl said.

"I distracted her with my feelings," I said.

"We'll find her soon.." Rick said.

"I hope so.." I said.

"We're here" Carl said as we walked towards a Prison.

"Woah, you really have put effort into it!" I say smiling. They planted plants, the entrance was extra guarded, there's people lots of them.

"Yeah" Rick said as we walked towards the entrance. A woman was pulling on a pulley that opened up the gate. They checked me for any bite but I was clear. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and kept on walking. We went up a path and into the prison.

"Stay here" he told Carl and I. Rick walked away, Carl and I stood there. "He's gonna get a doctor for the wounds" Carl said smiling. "You guys have everything anyone could need to survive," I said. "We try our best to keep everyone alive," He said. I nodded and soon Rick came back with an old man. I walked inside, towards the medical center.