5: Groundwork

'I'm scared Dylan

'I'm scared Dylan... We can't just run away. You are a master and I'm a concubine. If they catch us, you can just come back here and continue to be an heir, and I...my life will be ruined! I don't have any other options but this life. Do you think I would have become a concubine if I had a choice?'

'Yue this is not your only option. You are not a concubine!'

'Yes I am Dylan!'

'No you are not!'

'I'm a concubine Dylan!'

'You are not a concubine Yue!'

'Then what do you call this, what am I doing here?' She gestures to the room, getting worked up and raising her voice. 'How did I get here? If I'm not a concubine then what am I doing here? What am I....'

'You are here, because we are in love Yue!' 

He shouts, interrupting her. He shouts again,

'WE ARE IN LOVE!'

She stops, silent, watching him breath heavily, anguish on his face. She doesn't know what to say. This life they have found themselves in, is unbearable, save for that fact that they have each other. Without him, she dreads to imagine what things would be like. What if they hadnt found each other? What then? She want's to touch him. To tell him that everything will be okay. 

 He is  the Concubine's Heart...She is the Rich Boy's Heart. 

After a minute he calms down and walks up to her, placing his hands on her shoulders.

'Yes, you may have come here as a concubine, I can admit that, and I'm not ashamed of that fact... but l love you... you love me... we love each other... and there's no one else for me!'

Her eyes fill with tears as he tells her he loves her. He is so beautiful. He continues.

'Yes it's true, my father wanted to organize a 'Viewing' for me, but I told him to cancel it. And I will continues to do so. I'm not bringing another women into our bedroom. I would never do that to you.... I want to be with only you.' 

He sighs, lets go of her shoulders, closes his eyes, and smooths out the crease on his forehead, with his thumb and index finger. He speaks.

'However,  there is more...We can't stay here if we want to be together. Another concubine will be the least of our worries.'

'Wh...what do you mean?' Asks Yue feeling nervous about his answer

He looks at her apologetically, and goes to hold her shoulders again.

'My father is arranging marriages for my brother and I.'