10: Harvest

'He Di, come in my boy!' His aunt exclaims happily, hugging Dylan tightly

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

'He Di, come in my boy!' His aunt exclaims happily, hugging Dylan tightly. 'It's so good to see you again, after such a long time. You have grown into such a handsome young man. And who is this pretty little lady with you?'

'Aunt Shuchun, I would like to introduce you to my girlfriend Shen Yue.' Says Dylan.

Yue bows to Wu Shuchun, who immediately walks up to her, and gives her a hug as well.

'Oh please I love to hug, any friend of He Di's is a friend of mine. I'm so very happy that I get to see my sister's son after so many years.' There are tears in her eyes. 'You look so much like her He Di. I have ordered some lunch for us. Come you must be hungry.'

She guides them towards an elegant looking dining room.

Wu Shuchun lives in a 5 star hotel, which is part of a chain of hotels she owns. Their father was a mega hotelier, and she and Dylan's mother inherited the business. Wu Shuchun was always more interested in the running of it, while Wang Ruolan (Dylan's mother) married into a wealthier family, who expected her to be a wife, and not a hotel mogul.

Wu Shuchan married a man, who was not from a wealthy family, but had worked his way up successfully, in her father's business. Theirs was a marriage of equals, enjoying working together immensely, making their hotel empire grow richer and richer. Alas Wu Huan died in a car accident, a year after Wang Ruolan had died of cancer. Together they had one child, Wu Xi Ze, who is 3 years older than Dylan.

They are sitting at the dining room table eating a delicious lunch. Dylan takes the opportunity to speak.

'I didn't get the chance to tell you this Aunt Shuchun, but I have officially left my father's house and his world behind.'

Wu Shuchun breathes a sigh of relief.

'I can't say that I'm upset. Your mother always wanted better for you, and she hoped that one day you would find the strength to leave.'

Dylan looks at her, a little surprised. She continues.

'It's no secret that I do not like your father. Not after what he put her through. He made it impossible for us to see each other as often as we would have liked. He wanted her all to himself, very controlling. After she died, it's like we didn't exist anymore, to your father. He made it difficult for us to see you and Bolin. That always broke my heart. I was waiting for the day when you would reach out to me, and now here you are, and my heart is so, so happy.'

She reaches over and grabs Dylan's hand, squeezing it affectionately. He smiles at her and pats her hand with his free one. His aunt is still as loving as he remembers, just like his mother was. He clears his throat and speaks,

'There is something I need to tell you.'

'Of course He Di, what is it?'

'Bolin and I are estranged. Irreparable I'm afraid. He has grown up to be quite violent, and I want no part of him in my life.'

The Rich Boy's Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें