7: Thunder

'Master Dylan, my apologies, your father is requesting your presence downstairs for breakfast

'Master Dylan, my apologies, your father is requesting your presence downstairs for breakfast.'

'Tell him I will eat up here...'

'I'm afraid he says it's not a suggestion. He is expecting you... now, Master Dylan.' Says Madame Hong, doing her best to be conciliatory.

Dylan sighs and looks back at Yue. Madame Hong continues.

'Shen Yue, you will come to the East Wing to have your breakfast today.'

'Yes Madam Hong.'

'Yue...'

'Master He Di... Master Zhiqiang is waiting for you Sir.' She says, interrupting whatever he wanted to say to Yue. 'Shen Yue come along now.'

Yue gets up and gets dressed. As she is walking out the door, Dylan stops her, holds her hand and says,

'I will send for you later.'

Dylan walks towards downstairs, hoping that he can get through this breakfast quickly. He is eager to spend the whole day with Yue, and is rather upset that they had to be interrupted.

He is surprised, when he walks into the dining room, He didn't know they were expecting guests. Sitting with his father and Bolin, are an elegant couple, around his dad's age. With them is a young woman who is well styled, screaming designer labels, from head to toe.

'Ah He Di, glad you could make it Son.' Beams his father, gesturing with his hand for him to sit down next to the young woman.

'Like I had a choice in the matter.' Mutters Dylan under his breath.

'Did you say something?' Bolin sneers at him.

Dylan does not respond to him, and sits down.

'Guang Feng, this is my son Wang He Di. Dylan this is my business associate, His wife Gaung Li, and his daughter Guang Lanying.'

Dylan bows his head to each of them, feeling unsettled about where all this is going. Wang Zhiqiang continues.

'Dylan these are your in laws, and Guang Lanying is your future bride.'

Dylan is absolutely still, not knowing how to respond in front of these people, feeling ambushed by his father. He knew this was coming at some point, but he thought that he and Yue would be long gone by then, so it wouldn't matter. He thought that at the very least, his father would give him a heads up.

'Mr Wang you were right.' Laughs Lanying coquettishly. Your son is very shy, and I must say very handsome.'

Her parents, Wang Zhiqiang and Bolin all laugh along with her. Only Dylan is silent.