Royal Blood - 1x12 - Francis + Lola

"We're a pathetic pair, aren't we?" Lola grinned a little, still flushed from their accidental intimacy within the night. Francis said nothing, just looked at her. The Lady in waiting nervously fiddled with her hands, grasping for her cloak again, after throwing it to the side to listen to Francis once more.

Suddenly, he walked towards her. Lola gulped audibly, not knowing what to expect him to do. But, boy, was she shocked when he suddenly leaned down towards her. Quickly, Lola leaned backwards as much as her corset would allow, her blue eyes as wide as little buttons.

"What are you doing?" she asked quickly, a hand placed to his chest to shove him away. She quickly took steps away from him, needing distance between the two.

"I-I-" he paused, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, I was caught up." he apologised.

"You tried to kiss me." she stated plainly, wrapping her arms around herself. "Why would you do something like that?" she asked. "I'm thankful for what you did for me and my brother, settling his debt and saving my flesh, I've listened to your pain to settle my debt, but you try that?" she accused. "Why?"

"I was caught up in what you said, it's been so long since I've not had to hide from somebody. I just-"

"What?" she asked, her eyes wide. "You think because of what happened between you and Mary and Bash that suddenly sleeping with me is the answer? Don't lie to me, Francis. I can see that look in your eyes, you want more than just a kiss." he didn't say anything, just turned around. "We're in a whore house, if you want sex, you can get it easily, but you tried to get me to sleep with you. Why would I do that to Mary?"

"Mary is no longer a part of my life, Lola."

"But I am a part of Mary's." she reminded him fiercely. "I may never see you again, but I will see her. Francis, I am going directly to Mary's service today. She's my friend, not just that, she is my Queen. I live my life in service to her. I wouldn't be able to live with myself, spending the rest of my life lying to her. That is a treason in itself. Why would I betray her by sleeping with the man she loves?" she asked fiercely. 

"Mary and Bash-" he tried weakly.

"Are only together to save you from the prophecy. I know you think she's being foolish, but Mary's actions are not driven by a love for Sebastian. They're driven by a fear for you. She's been so sad since you've left, but she needs to save you from her." Lola stated. "She doesn't love your brother. She'll always love you. I know you're angry with her but this-" Lola gestured to the two of them and the bed. "is not the answer. Not at all." she shook her head. "I'm already in debt to her for when Collen died and my reaction to your parents 'execution' of him. Why would I betray her again, by sleeping with you?" she asked.

Francis shook his head, turning away again. "I'm sorry, Lola. I shouldn't have done it." he stated.

"No, you really shouldn't." she added. Lola took a deep breath. "Another thing-"

"What?" he spat. "You've said no, I'll never force a woman. You've given me the reasons not to, what else is there to say, Lola?"

"Francis, my womb is ready for quickening." she revealed. His eyes grew. "If you slept with me, I'd be pregnant. I'd have a bastard child, you know the scorn and neglect that unwed children face. I'd be ruined, you'd never know the child, and Mary would be heartbroken. It would ruin us, is a few minutes of pleasure worth a lifetime of pain?"

He shook his head.

"Right." she stated, flipping her hair behind her shoulders. "I suppose we must leave now." she stated, walking over to the other side of the room and gripping her cloak. "I will wait for you outside for us to say our goodbyes. This conversation-" she gestured to them both. "didn't happen."

And then, she left.

~~

I mean what other scene could I rewrite? As many of you know, I really do dislike Lola and her sleeping with Francis -and the events that lead to- is one of the main reasons why. And if she truly was so smart and intelligent and brave as some people make her out to be, then I truly believe she would have reacted like this, rather than how she reacted to it in the show. But since she didn't, I have a hard time believing she is what her stans make her out to be. Anybody else?

Comments and feedback are appreciated! I'm gonna try and do another rewrite by tonight, so fingers crossed!

Love,

me

:).