The Lamb and The Slaughter - 2x04 - Francis + Lola

/

Prompt - Also maybe you could do a rewrite of 2x04 where Mary doesn't lose the baby but instead has a little scare where they think she lost it and Francis gets mad at Lola for it and blames her

Side Note - I think this could be argued as a sequel to my rewrite of the argument scene between Mary and Lola from 2x04. I kinda like that idea, so we're gonna go with it.

/

"You!" The King of France screams, the door to the bedchambers opening with such swiftness that the door bounces on the frame multiple times after banging into the wall with such force that a hole would later be found from the knob. He's furious, his body visibly trembling as he looks at the woman in the room. The jumps in fear from his voice and the door, but it sends a sickening satisfaction throughout his body. But it's not enough. It's never going to be enough.

"Francis!" Lola gasps, damn near falling off her chair from the fear she felt from this angry King. She had never seen him like that before, so furious, so out of control, so completley mad. She no longer sees King Francis of France and Scotland, she sees mad King Henry of France, who threatened death to his own son and his former mistress if they did not wed under duress. "W-what is this?" she whispers.

"You! You!" he screams. Damn the world and all the false Gods, if it weren't for Sebastian lunging into the room to cease his brother from making a mistake he may not be able to recover from, Lola honestly thinks that she would be on the floor at this moment, this mad King's hands clenching around her throat. He jerks and he kicks in Sebastian's arms, trying everything he possibly could to get to the mother of his child. Sebastian yells at him in French, words Lola doesn't understand. "Get off me, Sebastian! Let me go!" he screams.

"Francis, stop! Calm down, for the love of God!" he yells, pulling his incandescent brother away from one of the two Stuart blooded women they both had momentary interests in, it barely works.

"Get off me! I'm going to kill her!"

"What have I done?! Please, Francis, you're scaring me!" she begs, beginning to tremble. She had never seen Francis in such a state before, so out of control, so animalistically wild and untameable. It looked like he was out for her blood, and in fact, he was.

"You killed my child! You killed my baby!" he roars, managing to push free from his brother. Lola screams in fright as he advances, like a bull seeing red, crying out again as his hand raises and comes down again, the back of his hand slamming against the side of Lola's face. She falls immediately, beginning to cry in earnest as the King begins to yell again. "I admit, I was slow to put it together. But it's so clear to me now. I thought my child just slipped from Mary's body, but it didn't! You waited until Mary was pregnant, in her most vulnerable state possible, and then you antagonise her about you and I until she looses control and looses the child! It's because of you, Lola! You riled her up to the point where her body could no longer hold the child within her! What is wrong with you?! You couldn't just accept the situation we found ourselves in? No, you waited until she was pregnant to get her to argue with you over our one night! What was the point of that, hmm? You wanted her to get angry with you not to clear the air between you, but so you could play the victim! But you are not the victim, you are not! What is it with you? You betray Mary again and again and again and act like she is the one at fault! Did you want her to miscarry our child? Is that why you got her so angry with you? Why? So I could be yours completley? You have another thing coming, you stupid little girl! I spit on the boy I was, the one that you had for a single night! It was the worst mistake of my life! I regret it with everything I am! But you, you want it all! My love, my body, the throne at my side! Because Mary has bled so much that physicians don't know if she'll wake after fainting in my arms!" he goes to launch again, but Bash catches him once more. "What is it with you? What is it?! Not only do you betray my wife over and over and over, but you risk her life in the process! What happened to the friend you claimed she was to you? Hmm?! No, you come from a long line of whores and you are just the same! You have no idea how much shame and misery you've brought unto the world! And or what?! What good thing have you ever, ever done?! I can not name one single thing! Our son is plagued to a life of unhappiness because of the whorish behaviour of his mother who has tried to kill her Queen!" he launches himself at her again, but Lola scrambles away. "You whore! You harlot! How dare you to that to her! You took away the baby Mary and I waited so long for! The life, the family we could have had! Because of what? Jealousy? Envy? Petty interests? Or the thought that with the baby gone, I would be all yours? Ha! Think again! You cannot even look at me, because you know I am right! All you are, all you ever will be is the foolish whore that I met in Paris, one who blamed her Queen for her attempted rape! One that killed the Queen's unborn child just because she wanted her out of the way! How dare you! How could you! What is wrong with you? What use do you have apart from breathing the air in which you do not deserve? What use could you possible have in the future?! I may as well marry you off to the first bidder and watch you live in discontent and squander and squalor! But who would take you?! Bastardy in your veins, not a penny to your name, treason in your heart! You knave! You unspeakable, arrogant, foolish whore! You killed my child! You could still kill my wife! And you expect more mercy?! What more mercy could you be afforded?!"

But Sebastian calls for the guards before the King can do any more damage. Lola is dragged kicking and screaming from her chambers, whilst the King falls into his brother's arms, his face streaked with tears.

Time passes. The Queen hovered between life and death for several days, her skin mares with sweat and the leeches suckle away at her skin. The King barely leaves her side. Catherine becomes the King of France, Sebastian deals with the Narciesse issue. A vicious fever ravages the Queen's body, she never gains full consciousness. Nannies parent the King's little bastard, his mother being locked up in the tower. The King weeps and prays at her side for days and days and days. He hates Lola, for hurting Mary, for taking their child away from them.

But then, things take a turn for the better. The Queen awakes in the small hours of night, while her King weeps in relief, kissing her over and over and over again as the physicians fret over her weak body. However, even the great Nostradamus grows confused as she cannot stop regurgitating what little she eats. It becomes clear within the fortnight.

The child survived. But Lola does not.

/

Eww. This is literally so bad, sorry. I really want to make this better, but I'm on a roll with updating and would hate for it to go away since I haven't had inspiration like this in months. I'll probably rewrite this another time. Requests please!