Fated - 1x08 - Mary + Lola + Kenna + Greer + Aylee (Francis + Nostradamus)

"You've been alone in your struggles your entire life." he murmurs to her, stroking her face like it's made of the most precious gold. She smiles softly to him, unable to deny that truth about her life. "That's over now." he swore, his head leaning down to stare her deep in her eyes. Mary smiled prettily at him. Her hand tightened around his wrist silently, feeling the soft, warm skin. They were wrong. They were all wrong. That prophecy was nothing but words that any man could say. Catherine was just being foolish and overbearing like she had always been. He wouldn't leave her like that. "I would die for you." he swore.

Mary's face turns white, but as Francis goes to kiss her, they hear a scream. They rush out of the chamber and see a group of people gathered at the base of the stairwell. Mary gasps in surprise, seeing Kenna, Greer and Aylee hunched around a person, rushing down the stairs at Francis' side.

"Guards! Your Majesty, come this way." a servent directed them, holding Francis back as Mary advanced upon them. She breathed in in surprise.

"They found her like this." Aylee told her, extending a hand out to help Mary to her down to the floor. "They came to us, looking for you." she finished, watching as the Queen of Scotland looked down at the limp form on the floor below her.

"Lola." she breathed, looking at the dark haired girl who seemed so pale right now. Blood circled around her head like a sick halo. She shakily breathed out, looking down at her cousin who had caused her and gone through such pain in these short months at French Court. It is Lola who was pushed down the stairwell. A pool of blood lays under her head, growing and growing by each and every moment.

"He-he said I would fall in love with a dark stranger." Lola sniffled, reaching out with a bloody hand for her Queen to take it. "To beware of flattery," she wines, trying everything to hold onto that superstition. Anything but the truth. She looked so pale now, her eyes somehow both wide with pain and half lidded with fatigue and injury.

"He said I'd never go home again." Aylee whispers. Mary ignores her. "Shouldn't that mean that I-" she was cut off by Greer who placed a hand on her own.

"Lola, no." Mary holds her head in her hands. Lola struggles to speak.

"To much blood shed for you." she huffs, holding onto Mary's wrists tightly, the two cousins in such an embrace that neither Kenna, Greer or Aylee could get a word in. "You, we.. we.. must go home now."

Mary lays her head down gently and Lola closes her eyes. Mary gasps as tears invade her mouth, the salty taste bitter and hot as Lola suddenly becomes limp under her. The girls start crying and Kenna watches as a cat drinks from the shattered remnants of the cup Aylee had handed to Lola and the girl had drank from earlier.

Yes. To the power of love. And friendship. Lola had smiled as Aylee fixes the necklaces out from her satchel. Lola takes the cup meant for Kenna and then Aylee and takes a drink of it.

Mary stands up and wipes her blood covered hands on her dress. She stifles her tears as the servants and guards surround Lola's body, no matter how hard Kenna and Greer and Aylee try to hide it from them. Mary doesn't look at Francis as he stares at her when she wipes her hands that were covered with Lola's blood on her robe. She looks over at Nostradamus standing on the staircase, who has just seen the full vision of how Lola's death occurred. By the look in his eyes, he understands that it was not Aylee would would perish on those stares, but Lola. He says nothing, just stares sympathetically at the dead girl. Mary looked over his shoulder at the frost drip from the windowsill and recalling his earlier warning, 

One among you will die, he had warned she and Kenna a few hours previous. They hadn't headed his warnings, and now Lola was dead.

"You are sent from Hell." Mary murmured, turning to face him directly. He looks at her as she storms over towards him. "You are the Devil!" she shrieks, her tears choking and blinding her at the same time.

Francis walks quickly over towards her, his lips drawn in a frown, his brow low on his face. She sniffles as he turns her around quickly. Mary doesn't have the strength to push him away, to cry out his warning to Francis and his life. No, instead, Mary turned into his chest and clenched his nightshirt into her small fists, holding onto him for dear life, tight enough that nobody -not even death- could take him away from her.

~~

Heyy!

Hope you fellow Lola dislikers liked this little swicharoo that I did. I've always hated that they killed off Aylee, she was so sweet and easily the most loyal to Mary. She would have done anything Mary asked her to do, including play Queen Catherine, which she did so efficently that some of the fandom even believed her to steal from the Queen. She's so underrated and I hate how quickly she was forgotten by everybody in the reign fandom and world just like that. She was my second favourite Lady (Greer is my favourite) and I really hate how dirty the writers did her. So, I couldn't resist switching her with Lola.

I still fail to see how Lola is this loyal little angel who did no wrong. How is the little girl who blamed Mary for her attempted rape loyal? How is the girl who slept with the man that Mary loved and got pregnant with his bastard -a bastard that could have cost Mary both her life and crown- loyal? How is the girl that knew all about Stephane's involvement in Mary's actual rape, yet still slept with him, married him and still went back to him like a doormat when he was fucking around with Catherine? How is the girl who was so foolish to think that Catherine could actually poison and kill the person that meant the most to her in the world, and Mary's, too, loyal? How is the girl who always wanted Mary to get angry with her, yet when Mary does what she wants and blows up at her, she gets defensive, loyal? How is the girl who waited until Mary was pregnant to make her fight with her, putting both her and the baby at risk, loyal? It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Lola had ulterior motives to her telling Francis to let Mary go so she could take Mary's place. I just find her so unlikable and bitchy, and all around useless, so I couldn't resist doing this. Nobody tell me that she died for Mary, as well. She should have known that Mary would have never told her to do something like that. She was so judgemental and bitchy towards Mary at every given turn, like who tf do you think you are talking to a Queen like that? Lola was a ten-a-penny noble with no standing since the lack of virtue had came out, yet she thinks she can disrespect Mary at every given turn? No, bitch >:(

Sorry for the little rant, I just really dislike her and fail to see how she's badass and smart and underrated. Was I watching the same show as some people or what?

Anywhoo, please give me a scene to rewrite down in the comments! And make sure to stay safe and healthy out there in the world!

Love,

me

:)