Left Behind - 1x07 - Francis + Olivia

/

Prompt - What about an argument between Francis and plia about why he loves Mary and not her from early season 1?

/

Oliva stares after Francis' shoulder as he moves past the door and begins to follow the servants out of the passageways. Her eyes are wide, bright and blue and fearful. Unable to help it, she closes the door and reaches for her lover. Francis turns, haulting his attempts to get down the stairway as she talks. "Please," Olivia begs, whispering out the words as they hear heavy boots walking to the left of them. "take me with you." she begs him again. Francis reacts unfavourably, his eyes widening, head tilting in exasperation. His mouth opens, but she beats him to the word. "I hear the guards walking by. I know they'll find me!" she gasps in fear, reaching towards him slightly.

"Olivia," he chagrins. "you need to wait here." the Dauphin tells his lover, glancing behind her shoulder as she footsteps stop. Olivia reacts similarly to the way he did, but this time he beats her to the word. "You need to wait for Mary and her ladies, or they'll be trapped." he says. Francis' anxieties and fears for Mary's safety are prominent and clear in this moment. He hates himself for leaving her in the grips of that bastards' hands, and in the misty protection of his mother, who would be more than willing to leave her to the wolves at the first question. 

Olivia doesn't miss how his voice changes as he says his fiancée's name. She reacts as though any heartbroken girl who had already lost the fight for the man, so she had nothing else to loose. "So I must stay" tears build up in her eyes, the final word cracks for the disbelief she feels for the mere prospect that the man she had always loved now had another's name in his heart. Olivia is no Queen, she is barely a noble. She is a noble girl with no future, no virtue, her final prospect for love and marriage now looked to another. She had nothing, she cannot beat a Queen in their own games. "for the woman you really love." her voice cracks again, her heart begins to beat erratically from the fear and the heartbreak that began the night before when he cried out Mary's name in the throws of passion in her body. Francis reacts, turning his head from side to side, his mouth opens, but no words come out. Olivia begins to get angry, her heartache turning into something worse that she didn't care that she'd later regret. "I'm nothing to you," her blonde hair shakes with her head, she looks positively disgusted with him now. "or your mother but a game piece to move back and forth at your will! She crushed my reputation like you crush an insect, and you're just as bad!" she cries out.

"Really? You want to have this discussion now? With Italian guardsmen patrolling the hallways and killing French people? Really? Does whatever we had mean that much to you that you'd risk lives?" he snaps back. "Fine, you are right! I do love Mary, I do, Olivia." he feels so strongly that the words come spilling out and he cannot stop them even if he tried. "Yes, she drives me mad with her impulsiveness and her recklessness and her stubbornness, but she is what I need in this world. She completes me with the ways she is opposite to me. In many ways, Mary and I are different, but we are the same in so many more." he doesn't even stop for a breath. "She understands me, she understands the prospects and challenges of ruling and political intrigue. As much as I loved you once, you and I are too different. You don't understand how I have to be. Power hungry nobility and the risk of war with the turn of a coin, you do not understand these things. Mary does. I need her, Olivia. I've been so foolish with her, and you. I should have never joined you that night, nor should I have pushed her into the arms of my brother. She needed comfort, and that is my fault! Olivia, you and I shouldn't have layen together that night, okay? I didn't turn to you because I wanted you, I turned to you because I couldn't have her, because of my own foolish reasoning!" he huffs, running his hands down his face. "What we had is in the past you must move on from me, from this. I-I love her, Olivia. And now she is in danger because of a fight that has nothing to do with her at all. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if there's even the slightest scratch on her because of that bastard nave. And she put herself in his clutches to protect me, my brothers! God, she's brave and she's strong. She's so beautiful, but I let myself push her away because of my fear of the unknown. I can't do that anymore,  okay? I'm sorry, but you have to leave. You and I can no longer see each other again, it's for the best for both of us. I need to be with Mary, I need to be by her side in all things, and you are an obstacle in that. I'm sorry, but you are. When this is done, and the King returns, you must be moved elsewhere. What we had was a fantasy, it can never. You must leave, leave me and have your own life. I meant what I said, I'll help you find a loving husband, but you must leave at the soonest possible convenience."

He makes to walk away, but Olivia grabs his hand.

"If-if you meant what you said, then I must obey. But there is something you must know about your mother's hatred of Mary. As your friend, I have to tell you why she doesn't want you and her to wed."

/

Kinda sucky, but I did my best. Hope you all enjoyed it!