6

Both the boys got up and followed Filch. As they came close to Dumbledore's office Draco looked over at Harry who's uniform was still scruffy. Draco cleared his throat quietly and Harry looked over. Draco mimed tying his tie and tucking his shirt in indicating that Harry should do so. Harry looked down at his uniform and tidied it up before looking back at Draco smiling. Draco smiled back and gave Harry a thumbs up before they both looked forward again. A few seconds later they were in Dumbledore's office.
"Professor, I found these two lurking around after hours in the Great Hall." Filch said with a triumphant look on his face
" Thank you, Mr Filch. I will take it from here." Dumbledore smiled at him.
Filch sidled out of the room. As soon as he was gone Harry and Draco started giving their excuses.
"Sir I was looking for Dean and Seamus because they went on a walk and I wanted them to get back before curfew." Harry said. Dumbledore looked at a person in the portrait above the door to the office and nodded. They left the painting then Dumbledore looked at Draco as if to say 'and you'
"And I when on a walk to clear my head. I didn't know what time it was." Draco said
"Yes, walk does help to clear ones head but next time you should look at the time before you leave your dormitories." Dumbledore said kindly. The person in the portrait had come back by this point. Dumbledore looked at him and the portrait nodded. Dumbledore nodded back before speaking.
"Both Mr. Thomas and Mr. Finnigan are sleeping in their own beds." To which the man in the portrait shook his head but non of the three saw.
"They must have snuck past me then, the sneaky b... " Harry was cut off by Draco elbowed him.
"Thanks." Harry said to Draco. The corners of Dumbledore's mouth curled slightly and his eyes twinkle for a moment before he said
"Yes well as valiant as your intentions were you will still receive a detention for tomorrow after lessons with Professor McGonnagal in her classroom. Now off you both pop to bed. Night night." Dumbledore got up and started to walk to a door at the far back of the room and walked through it after waving to Harry and Draco who waved back. The two boys slowly walked back to the moving stair cases where they would part.
"I guess I'll see you tomorrow in detention, Malfoy." Draco turned to look at Harry to see him looking back.
"I don't want this detention," Draco wined a little
"A detention with you isn't the best thing I could be doing on a Friday night either but," Harry looked Draco up and down then smirked. " I'm not complaining." Draco looked away to hide his blush but he wanted to tell him so he spun back round only to see Harry already on the second staircase up.
"Potter," Draco called. Harry looked at him "I'll see you there." Then they both walked to their common rooms.