11

Days turned into weeks and before anyone knew it, it was the day of the ball and Draco hadn't asked Harry to go with him and Harry hadn't asked who he wanted to ask.
The day went as Dumbledore said: last lesson was cancelled and dinner was early. After dinner, all the boys in the dormitory got ready. Neville wore very similar dress robes to the ones he wore at the last ball and Dean and Seamus wore matching purple dress robes and ties. This time around, Ron wore navy dress robes with a pink bow tie. Harry, unlike the others, decided to wear a muggle suit. It was maroon and he wore matching maroon suit trousers. Underneath he wore a mustard button up but he left the top two buttons undone. Once both Harry and Ron were dressed they headed down to the common room to find Hermione. They found her in a few seconds. Hermione was wearing the same dress as she wore two years ago and the same elegant high bun. The two boys walked over to her and as they did so Ron pulled a red rose out of a pocket in his robes and he gave it to Hermione when they stopped in front of her.
"I got you this rose." Ron rubbed the back of his neck. Hermione's eyes glistened as she looked at it
"I love it!" She beamed looking at Ron who shyly smiled back. Hermione pulled her wand out of a pocket in her dress and cast a spell on the rose. In front of their eyes, the stem of the rose curled into a clip leaving the rose head unchanged. Hermione clipped it into her hair and turned back to look at the boys smiling. Harry smiled back before looking over at Ron. Ron's eyes had glossed over for a few seconds before he put his arm out for Hermione to take it
"Shall we?" He asked. Hermione took his arm
"We shall." Hermione smiled. Harry sighed exaggeratedly.
"Can you two stop making me feel so single!" Harry whined. Ron and Hermione chuckled.
"So you didn't ask him?" Hermione asked
"No." Harry said quietly
"Its ok mate you can stay with us." Ron smiled.
"Thanks."
"Come on let's go down then, it's almost 8pm." Hermione said and with that the three of them left the common room to go to the Ball.