v. the scorpio chapter

scorpio's pov

I fiddled with my laptop. God, why wont this thing work? I ended up slamming my laptop down and groaning, my head falling down on the table.

"Why is life so unfairrrrr!" I whined to myself. What I didn't see was the certain girl with multi-coloured hair that managed to slip into my room.
"What's wrong?"

Startled, I jolted up and spun my chair around to see Cancer.
"Holy shit Cancer, you scared me!" I scolded her, but to that she just giggled.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to. I just wanna see what's gotten you so riled up."

I guess I get what she means. I'm not exactly the type to show very much emotion.

Sighing, I explained what was wrong, "I'm trying to plan a surprise birthday party for Pisces 'cause she's turning 17 on Monday, but this damn laptop wont work!"

"Wait, Monday? That's only 5 days away!" Cancer exclaimed.
"Exactly! I've been busy doing e-"
Quickly, I shut myself up. I don't want that getting out. I though.

"Doing what?" Cancer asked.
"Doing... things for my family. Yeah. My younger sisters been having some boy problems so we've just been having a lot of quality sister time," I put my poker face on, which normally I'd be amazing at if I wasn't so stressed.
"Really? I never see you leave you room though unless you're going out with Pisces or Aries..."

Shit. She pays more attention than I thought. Quick, change the question!

"Hey, is that a new watch?" I point to her wrist which has a pink kitty-like watch on it.
"Yeah, it is, I got it yesterday! And look whag it can do!" She clicked a button and it lit up. Thank god for her short attention span.

"Wow, cool. Anyways, back to Pisces birthday. Do you have any idea on what to do?" I asked.
"I think I have one idea..."

monday

I got into the drivers seat with Pisces in the passenger seat. We were going to get groceries. When we would come back, the party would be ready. My job was to keep Pisces busy and be a dick to her. Simple, right?

As I was driving, I could see Pisces looked a little down. Well, why wouldn't she? For, probably the first time ever, I hadn't wished her happy birthday.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked her.
"Yeah... It's just... It's my birthday." She said kind of down.
"Oh, that's today? Sorry, I totally forgot."
Step 1. forget it's her birthday. Complete.

"I've just been really busy with my new boyfriend."
Step 2. Mention a boyfriend. Complete.

I could see her face furrow.
"Boyfriend? You.. have a boyfriend?"

"Uh yeah. I thought I told you. Must've forgot."
Step 3. Forget to mention important details about my life. Complete.

These were my main three steps to being an asshole. Forgetting to tell her such an important detail about my life to her, my best friend, would be pretty terrible for her. Part of me felt bad, but most of me was just excited for when she saw her surprise.