Chapter 23 (SMUT)

I reach up and hold the back of his head as our kiss continues.

The lips that I had tried to distract myself from for a year were now massaging my own, igniting fireworks inside my belly.

Then, just as quickly as it had happened, it ended, with a sorrowful look from both of us.

"Please don't tell Cynthia, but I don't want to get married."

I gasp loudly, causing John to cover my mouth and cast a worried look towards the house.

"But John! The weddings tomorrow! You have to tell her now! You can't go through with it!"

"I have to. It's too late now..." John looks resigned as he sighs and closes his eyes, feeling completely hopeless.

"It's not! Why don't you want to marry her? She seems like she'll make a wonderful wife."

"Didn't that kiss say enough? It's not her I love."

He's looking deep in my eyes, as he reveals his true feelings.

"I'm sorry, I need to go and check Molly." I half-lie, just wanting an excuse to escape the outside air that was suddenly suffocating.

I dash into the house, trying to compose myself as I rush past Cynthia and up the stairs.

Arriving into the room we're staying in, I close the door with force and lean against it, finding it hard to breathe. Not only had John kissed me, but I had kissed him back! So not only have I ruined his relationship, but my own too.

Taking a few deep breaths, I stand up fully and shake the tears away, knowing they won't get me anywhere.

"YN? Are you alright?" I hear Brad's voice the other side of the door, and experience a small wave of panic. Shaking the feeling away again, I open the door, to reveal my boyfriend standing there with a mug of tea in his hand.

"Hey babe. You looked kinda upset, so I made you some tea. You know how the British love tea." He chuckles, stepping into the room.

He leaves it on the dresser, before turning to me, who is hidden behind the door, wanting to conceal my face.

"Come here, you." He pulls me into a hug, kissing the top of my head.

"I won't ask what happened, because I know it'll just get you worked up again,but when you're ready. You know I'm here to listen."

I smile against his chest, and look up with a small smile.

"Thank you."

I stand on tip-toes and peck his lips, and when I pull back, Brad leans forward to give me another peck, making me giggle.

"Come on, drink your tea before it goes cold. I'll leave you to sort yourself out." He smiles, before leaving and closing the door.

...........

I open my eyes to see orange hues filling the room from where the blinds remain open. Sitting up and rubbing my eyes, I try to wake up from the nap I must have fallen into after retreating here earlier.

Just as I throw the covers off myself, my eyes are alerted to the door, which is being opened slowly.

"Oh, you're awake." John whispers with a huge smile.

I smile back, covering myself back up again.

"I was just coming to see if you were alright." He smiles, coming and sitting on the far end of the bed.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sigh, letting out some of the pressure.

"I need to go and check Molly though." I state, beginning to climb out of the bed.