Chapter 25

Note: photos used in this are NOT mine, credit to whoever they belong to please don't sue me that would be great thx

I wake up feeling groggy, not how I should be feeling on John and Cynthia's big day. Sitting at the side of the bed, I shake the sleep out of my head. Groaning when I stand, I head to the shower.
......

"Morning John."

"Morning, love." John comes up behind me, and just as I think he's reaching to hold my waist, he merely brushes it in order to reach the coffee granules behind me. However, his hand does linger and our eyes meet for the briefest of moments.

"Are you all ready?"

"Hah! Nope." John laughs, moving to the other counter to start making his drink.

"It's alright, you have plenty of time." I smile.

"I'm going to go and get Molly ready. Where is her dress?"

"Oh, here." He says, heading to the door on which it's hanging. John hands it to me with the uttermost care.

 John hands it to me with the uttermost care

"It's beautiful, John."

"Just like the beautiful girl wearing it."

We smile at each other, and then I leave to go and dress our daughter.
........

"Molly, please stay still."

Molly Julia squirms and writhes around on the bed as I try to slip the dress over her head. She whines and screams, making me feel frustrated and helpless.

"Okay, it'll only take a few seconds, please stay still." I near enough cry, having taken ten minutes to get her on the bed in the first place.

She finally lies still, and I breathe a huge sigh of relief, and begin to poke her head through. However, when it comes to getting her arms through, Molly's screaming and thrashing her arms everywhere, hitting me multiple times.

"No! No hitting!" I cry, collapsing onto the floor in defeat.

Eyes closed and tears streaming, I sob a few times, letting everything out.

Through my cries, I hear the door inch open, and look up through blurred eyes to see John, peeking curiously in.

"YN! What's happened?" He rushes to my side, observing Molly's behaviour.

"I can't do it John! I can't put her dress on! I can't make her behave! I can't see you marrying Cynthia and I just can't do it John!" I'm in hysterics, trying to be heard over my screaming child.

John pulls me into an embrace, holding my head and rubbing my back.

"Hey now. I see she HAS got my mischief in her." He chuckles, trying to make me feel better. "You are an amazing mother. Considering what I've put you through, you've coped so well."