XVIII || Arcane's Top Three

It's over. Now it's really over.

Miserable words repeat and circle themselves on the inside of Lena's mind as she hurries her face in her hands. She does not want to ever see light again. Oh, the shame.

"Lena."

Roen has been calling her for several times now, rather patiently. He doesn't even walk towards her and force her to look at him. He waits, allowing her to regain herself, despite not knowing if she ever will.

She can't face him, or anyone, for that matter. Lena can't even face herself.

"Lena," Roen calls again, his voice gentle and soft. "Why are you crying?"

"I'm not!" she says defiantly, finally snapping her head up and looking him in the eye to prove to him that she, in fact, isn't crying at all.

To her surprise, he grins. "That's better."

Lena turns around, flustered. "I don't know how to face you."

"What? It's not like you confessed to me. Or that I rejected you," he replies nonchalantly as if it happens to him all the time, and Lena believes it does, considering his good looks and gentleman approach.

She crosses her arms with her back towards him, still unable to face him. If possible, her face has gotten even redder.

"Why are you upset, then?" Roen tries again, and Lena feels bad for ignoring him, since he has done nothing wrong.

She can't take out her frustrations on him. She has been doing that, letting her emotions run free and allowing her guts to tell her to do things instead of first thinking clearly, and look where those have gotten her. She suppose if she is going to make things right, she should start taking a deep breath and control herself. There is still a chance to change. There is always room for a change, even if others do not forgive, so long as she can forgive herself. Finally, she turns around and looks Roen in the eye. He seems surprised, and she is feels so equally as she finds his eyes reassuring this time.

Roen hesitates, then says, "You are all right?"

"Yes," Lena affirms, though rather uncertain and still bursting with many questions. When Roen senses her doubts and doesn't reply, she takes the opportunity to speak, believing he is urging her to. "I blew it, didn't it?" she blurts. He raises a brow in question, and Lena clarifies, "I made him angry. Caelus. He is going to kill me."

It is the truth she is speaking, genuinely from the bottom of her heart, the root of all worries. Lena doesn't want to have herself on bad terms with the Academy's most powerful student. Another thought passes her, and she is suddenly reminded of the duel. If she has thought it is going to be difficult to ask the stranger Ace to partner up with her, it is impossible now. She has completely ruined it.

Roen bursts out laughing, completely taking Lena back yet again. "Haven't Neesha and I repeatedly told you he isn't like that?"

"Like what?" Lena asks, flummoxed completely clueless.

"Hmm... let's see. To put it in a way you will understand for you have experienced it yourself — for one, he is not like Azalea at all."

Lena blinks. "R-Really?"

She doesn't know what to feel now. Perplexed at this sudden statement, confusion at what it implies, and little hint of being hopeful that she isn't going to be dead just yet.

"Why, does he scare you?" Roen stifles another laugh to no avail.

"Hey, it isn't funny! And I'm not scared; I'm just worried."