XXXIV || Settling In

Two weeks have passed since the Lucifer incident — that is exactly what the students in Arcane Academy are calling it. Two weeks since Lena's arrival, and her official embarkment in the City of Leatia, and in Arcane Academy.

Things die down after her first day — not that it really is peaceful, with many students brawling about and flexing their powers within campus grounds — comparatively over the two weeks, and Lena has a chance to begin adjusting to her new life. Even so, the first day was overly chaotic that Lena will not forget its events for some time. In fact, it is rather difficult to break the record.

Time passes but the rumours have not ceased. Gossips always fly. Through the academy's corridors, Lena is beginning to feel flustered whenever she walks by, because mutterings always begin when their eyes fall upon her.

Two weeks ago, it'd been all about Lucifer. The first-year who'd nearly destroyed the entire structure of Arcane Academy. That's something, even if the walls are shaky everyday from the impact of battles, because Lucifer had created canyons and caused massive earthquakes.

The boy, many whisper, who had undergone some secret training overnight to become this close to being an elite class, even matching up to Caelus, the academy's top ranker. Lucifer, the boy who seems as if he doesn't sleep. The boy who has convicted to some sort of drug.

Most of the time, Lena didn't quite catch what they were getting at. Don't all students have the power to decide the fate of Arcane Academy?

The only thing Lena has successfully found out is that Arcana and the other seniors were not involved in the Lucifer incident. How or why, she isn't quite sure, because she'd been rather certain Lucifer's ability affected nearly the entire campus grounds. This became the mystery surrounding the academy, but since the seniors are studying in a different wing, they hardly bump into them. Arcana does not answer the questions, either. The headmaster himself has been pressed with enough concerns from the public.

Following Lucifer, there were many that talked about Caelus. Lena doubts if he ever gets a rest. Everyone is always scrutinising Arcane Academy's 'Ace', following his movements, whether if it is criticism or praise. In fact, he's being treated as if he's some sort of God who has came down to Earth.

People talked about how he'd arrived at the perfect moment for Lucifer's incident, and how he'd handled the demon and the wrecked Aerotrain.

Lena has since these two crises acknowledged Caelus' abilities, but she still doesn't comprehend how the students are acting toward him, as if he's some blessing and impossible fruit.

He hasn't showed up to classes since the train and demon problem they encountered together. Ms Iparis, their general studies teacher, has been on his case of absence. Whenever she takes attendance, she'll shake her head disapprovingly, muttering something about having his privileges revoked. It doesn't stop until Celeste came barging into the class one day last week, startling the second-years, to explain about Caelus' exception, signed and proven by Arcana and the academy's doctor.

Because his presence is thinning each passing day with his own lack of activity, Lena has unknowingly become the academy's centre of gossip because of multiple reasons.

Before, there were some people who whispered about Lena, the new girl who arrived to such chaos, and who probably is the source of unrest, but not so much. Now, though, after the Lucifer incident starts to bore and that Caelus is hardly showing himself, Lena is the greatest topic ever.

It's the new girl. What's her ability? She entered in the second year.

The new girl who arrived and caused Lucifer's incident. Just who is she?